Eric Kazer

Have:

M5A78L-MLX PLUS ASUS motherboard

HD 7970 GPU

FX-8350 CPU

16GB RAM

Samsung 840Pro SSD

3TB Toshiba HDD 

I just upgraded to Window 8.1. When I use Fusion 364 (the Genesis emulator) it drops around half of the FPS on full screen.

Steps already taken:

Deleted Fusion, Installed whole file from Windows 7 computer that runs it at 60 FPS instead of 32 FPS.

Compered catalyst settings on both PC's. (matched)

Compared Fusion 364 setting on both PC's.

Gens runs at 60 FPS on full screen, but Fusion won't.

Even Dolphin will run 60 FPS in DX 9, or 11, or Open GL. That's running a Wii game too.

I think Fusion was running 60 FPS before upgrading to Win 8.1. Anyone know what settings on OS could effect that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same exact problem. I updated to win 8.1 and now the fps drops to half on Fusion when i go fullscreen.

I have a phenom 955 3.2 ghz

Gtx 56oti

4 gb ram

I couldnt find anything on google.

Hello. I don't have Windows 8.1 or Fusion 364, but if it's working right on one Genisis Emulator and not the other I'd say that the Emu is not 100% compatible with windows 8.1 so you could try running it in Win 7 compatibilty mode and or running as Admin. Sorry if thats not helpful. Good luck!

Hi, thank you for the answer, unfortunately I already tried that but it didnt do anything :(

So far it seems that the problem is related to Win 8.1. I also tried the compatibility thing. Must be a Windows thing. emulator does 60 FPS on all of the other PC's that I have. I would say to use Gens to emulate Genesis games.