Faulty LAN Drivers

This is more of a question about driver software than it is of networking hardware. I've recently switched over to a wired internet connection after using wifi on my desktop for quite some time. I found that I didn't immediately have internet when I plugged in the ethernet cable and I still had no such luck upon restart. I eventually found that my Intel LAN driver must have installed incorrectly because, despite it being up to date, device manager was saying that the device could not start. I uninstalled the device from device manager and after a restart the drivers and device reinstalled themselves, this time correctly. The problem is that after I finished all this troubleshooting, I turned my computer off and on again and my LAN drivers, again, failed on me. I was able to fix the problem again using the same method but I'm sure you can see how this can become a problem in the long run. Does anyone know what's causing this failure and what I can do to fix it? I'd rather not have to start my computer twice every time I want to use it. 

Had the same issue with some USB Drivers under Windows 10. Then I run Linux and everything works again. I don't know why this happened, because after some time I reinstalled Windows 10 and everything works again, but a re-installation is not a real solution, because I don't know what causes the failure.

12 minutes ago, 8thJester said:

This is more of a question about driver software than it is of networking hardware. I've recently switched over to a wired internet connection after using wifi on my desktop for quite some time. I found that I didn't immediately have internet when I plugged in the ethernet cable and I still had no such luck upon restart. I eventually found that my Intel LAN driver must have installed incorrectly because, despite it being up to date, device manager was saying that the device could not start. I uninstalled the device from device manager and after a restart the drivers and device reinstalled themselves, this time correctly. The problem is that after I finished all this troubleshooting, I turned my computer off and on again and my LAN drivers, again, failed on me. I was able to fix the problem again using the same method but I'm sure you can see how this can become a problem in the long run. Does anyone know what's causing this failure and what I can do to fix it? I'd rather not have to start my computer twice every time I want to use it.