What are visa cards?

Chaicho

I saw some visa cards in a 7/11 and i was wondering if it is like a debit card that i can put money in it and buy stuff online.

What are they for?

It is like a gift card you can use anywhere! They are great for gifts and such. You can get them for predetermined amounts but most of them you get a certain balance put on them depending on how much you pay for them. 

And what about a debit card. Do i need to have a certain income? 

Debit cards do not require an income. It is like a quick way to get money from your bank account without withdrawing cash from the account directly via atm or going to the physical bank location. You just need to have a bank account to have a debit card. Whether you have any money in your account is up to you! :P

Just now, Gruenbaum said:

Debit cards do not require an income. It is like a quick way to get money from your bank account without withdrawing cash from the account directly via atm or going to the physical bank location. You just need to have a bank account to have a debit card. Whether you have any money in your account is up to you! :P

Can i put money in it from like a 7/11 or something?

You cannot put money into it. You have to deposit money into your bank account to have that money accessible to the debit card. 

How to get a debit card 101.

1. Go to your local bank and ask if you can set up a bank account with them. It depends if you are old enough to do so. Ask your parents if not. 
  2. Set up bank account and pick out your debit card from the list they give you. For example, I chose the Ohio State Buckeyes themed debit card.
  3. Wait a few days for it to arrive in the mail.
  4. You need to have money in your bank account to spend money from your debit card. Go into your bank and say I would like to deposit this money into my account. You need to have your license or a deposit slip to deposit money into your account. You can also use a mobile check deposit if your bank has an app like Huntington does.
  5. You can now spend all the money in your account if you wish! You can't over spend so be careful and don't embarrass yourself if you go to buy something worth 20 dollars but only have 12 in your account. 

I hope this helped!

2 minutes ago, Gruenbaum said:

You cannot put money into it. You have to deposit money into your bank account to have that money accessible to the debit card. 

How to get a debit card 101.

1. Go to your local bank and ask if you can set up a bank account with them. It depends if you are old enough to do so. Ask your parents if not. 
  2. Set up bank account and pick out your debit card from the list they give you. For example, I chose the Ohio State Buckeyes themed debit card.
  3. Wait a few days for it to arrive in the mail.
  4. You need to have money in your bank account to spend money from your debit card. Go into your bank and say I would like to deposit this money into my account. You need to have your license or a deposit slip to deposit money into your account. You can also use a mobile check deposit if your bank has an app like Huntington does.
  5. You can now spend all the money in your account if you wish! You can't over spend so be careful and don't embarrass yourself if you go to buy something worth 20 dollars but only have 12 in your account. 

I hope this helped!

wow thanks, but how would i know what bank to chose?

Just now, Chaicho said:

wow thanks, but how would i know what bank to chose?

Whatever your parents use is a good place to start

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Just now, Cereal5 said:

Whatever your parents use is a good place to start

Oh ok xd, Thanks

Well ask your parents what bank they used! Families tend to choose banks they have been in for generations. But if you have to choose by yourself, choose location! Location, location, location. Also do some research to see which local banks is the best for you.

Just now, Gruenbaum said:

Well ask your parents what bank they used! Families tend to choose banks they have been in for generations. But if you have to choose by yourself, choose location! Location, location, location. Also do some research to see which local banks is the best for you.

I think ill just chose the one my dad uses, Thank you and sorry for so many questions