Beauty is the Beast

Richywilson

Hey Guys Since many of you helped with my parts list I thought I would post my build here.

What I wanted in a PC was something that could handle everything I through at her gaming wise and something that could render 1080p without any problems. I've been stuck on a crappy toshiba laptop for the last year and it couldn't even get 10fps on skyrim at the lowest settings & rendering a 2 minute video took up to an hour. It was absolutely horrible. On this PC however I can crank out a 2 hour video in under 2 hours at 1080P and gaming at the same time and get 58-60fps while rendering it's awesome. So I'll go through the parts and give you my thoughts so far:

The 6700K is a beast, I haven't overclocked it yet, I don't really plan to in the short term as it's really giving me everything I want at this stage already but I'm happy I've picked the K for future proofing it later on.

The Noctua fan was easy to install and runs incredibly quiet, I can't actually hear it although I do wish the colours were different.

The ram is ram... A little hard to install but after a bit of wiggling I got it in. The SSD is incredibly fast.

It's my first SSD so when i clicked reboot the first time and had the computer reboot after just 5 seconds I was seriously impressed.

The seagate 3TB was a bit of a hassle, It didn't pick it up as a drive initially, I had to go into some settings to activate it and then format it into a single drive. Works well after that though.

The 1070, I was concerned I might need two of them to game at 60fps on a 1440P monitor. My concerns were unjustified, it's great.

The case was the biggest problem of my build. It's not big enough for any decent watercooler and the front leds make a Nazi symbol looking shape. The fans are able to be heard as well, they're the only part of the computer I can hear.

The ASUS... I'll have to take my previous comment back. This drive is loud when loading cds. It sounds like a mini hair dryer. I won't be using it much and it does the job but damn that noise.

Windows is windows

The Qnix was a little hard to set up initially, i kept getting lines over the screen but I just hadn't plugged something in correctly. I haven't tried to overclock it yet.

Coolermaster bundle keyboard and mouse is okay. I'm still getting use to the massive keys. I'd replace it if I had the money.

Overall I'm happy. Prices were: CPU, GPU & Case = $1385 NZ SSD $197 NZD Motherboard $255NZD Noctua, HHD, PSU, Ram, Optical = $559NZD Qnix 1440P Perfect Pixel Matte = $400 Coolermaster Gaming bundle= $60

Sorry about the photo quality.

20161024_100519.jpg

20161024_100612.jpg

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Dude same....

That's always a wonder, yeah

After being use to a HHD, I pressed restart and hadn't walked 4 metres and it was completely rebooted, I heard the login noise and turned around and just stood there for about a minute looking at it lol

3 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

And lo the beast awoke...
Nice build by the way.. take care of your child okay..

Guessing the only thing i need to do to take care of it is a air can to clean it every few months?