NZXT S340 Airflow vs Water cool

wrenward

I'm looking into the NZXT S340 case, but I am curious about the airflow. Can you get away without a water cooler? Or is that a necessity? I've watched the BitWit review of the new NZXT S340 Elite and it looks like it has a bigger slot for air intake. So maybe that would be a better buy. I've never messed with water coolers before, but I've normally had large vents in my case. I really love this sleek look and would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks!

Wren

Edit to add:

Literally every build in this case on YouTube has some sort of water cooling. The NZXT Kraken fits nicely, but if it is possible i'd rather just add in some nice fans.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Cooling will be fine. Modern computers make very little heat, so most all cooling we see these days is complete overkill.

Awesome. I don't plan on overclocking or any of that nonsense. I just need a simple build. 

I have an S340, the airflow is great, the two intake fans are unobstructed by anything like drive cages, i use a water cooler but it's mounted at the back rather than the front (i just have fans there). Air coolers will work fine (better, for the price in fact) in the case, the main reason this case is always pictured with water coolers is that it simply looks sick :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

1 minute ago, Oscargot said:

I have an S340, the airflow is great, the two intake fans are unobstructed by anything like drive cages, i use a water cooler but it's mounted at the back rather than the front (i just have fans there). Air coolers will work fine (better, for the price in fact) in the case, the main reason this case is always pictured with water coolers is that it simply looks sick :P

Oh good! I know this is a really popular case and was hoping I could get advice from someone who had it! I have to admit they look pretty awesome in the S340. Perhaps I could upgrade at a later date. Knowing that I don't really need one helps my pocketbook though. 

3 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Air Cooler can Perform similar to liquid cooler nowadays.
Though Most people prefer Liquid cooler for quite operation,less bulky and just look awesome.

But Now. even air cooler has a quite fan/silent operation with very low decibel.

Perfect! I will probably look into some really nice fans.