Rainbow Six: Siege Low FPS

UK.evin

Hey everyone,

I've an issue with the game Rainbow Six: Siege and this issue has persisted from official game release till now. I've completed a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 reinstall in the past month or so to see if it would remedy the issue but had no luck and the issue still exists as of now. Basically, the issue is that during gameplay I will occasionally experience a drop in my FPS just before the round is about to start (i.e picked an operator and loading into the round - temporary loading black screen with logo on bottom left corner). My regular FPS is roughly 45-50 at 1080p but drops to about 5-10 when the issue starts. There is no way for me to intervene and bring it back to normal so I just have to wait until it fixes itself (Generally during this time I ALT+Tab out of the game and do other stuff for about 1-2 minutes and then come back). During and just before the low FPS period. my CPU usage sits at about 40-47% at 3.98GHz and RAM usage goes to as high as 3.3GB. CPU usage for this game has generally been quite high but the RAM usage is usually around 2.2-2.4GB. 

Here are my PC specifications:

• Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz (Overclocked to 4.0GHz)
  • 2x4GB Corsair Vengenace 1600MHz Dual Channel
  • Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD7950 3GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA
  • Windows 10 Pro x64
  • 300mbps Wireless Adapter

Some people have told me that it is my CPU that is throttling but I see no change in clock speeds.

I've provided a DxDiag file: DxDiag.txt

I doubt very much its the CPU, if anything like that I would suggest the GPU. Have you tried lowering texture a little? Also, what PSU do you have and do you get anything at all like this in other games?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Video here with similar set up to yours, running a slightly worse CPU:

How clean is your heatsink on the GPU and CPU? What are your temps ?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I've just ordered some new Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease for my CPU. Currently, my CPU idles at 45~ degrees Celsius and GPU idles at 50~ degrees Celsius (33% fan speed). 

During gameplay, CPU sits at 81~ degrees Celsius and GPU sits at 55~ degrees Celsius.