Our own game

Hoibard

We have a big project in school where we group up and start a company. In my group we decided to make a game as a product. The goal of a company is to make money so it won't be a free game, sorry. But before we can really start it is obligatory to make a market survey. We would really appreciate you you would spend a minute and just answer some simple questions.

If there are any questions just message me or post under here.

https://goo.gl/forms/8yP2hX9kaOPIqbIm2

Thanks

Will give some updates if everything goes well.

2 minutes ago, Hoibard said:

We have a big project in school where we group up and start a company. In my group we decided to make a game as a product. The goal of a company is to make money so it won't be a free game, sorry. But before we can really start it is obligatory to make a market survey. We would really appreciate you you would spend a minute and just answer some simple questions.

If there are any questions just message me or post under here.

https://goo.gl/forms/8yP2hX9kaOPIqbIm2

Thanks

Will give some updates is everything goes well.

There's a typo in your survey.

And by the way, what is your target platform? E.g. PC or Console

What game engine are you using? E.g. Unity or Unreal Engine.

And could you keep me apprised of what happens to this game :).

Sure I can pay some money if the game isn't expensive. I'll be happy to pay if the final product is good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

So from what I understand so far, this game seems to be a cross between a micro-management game with platforming stages. If I'm wrong about that, please do tell me.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

There's a typo in your survey.

And by the way, what is your target platform? E.g. PC or Console

What game engine are you using? E.g. Unity or Unreal Engine.

And could you keep me apprised of what happens to this game :).

Sure I can pay some money if the game isn't expensive. I'll be happy to pay if the final product is good.

Our target platform is the PC

We're using the Unity engine.

It won't be expensive. Very minimal. 

Platformers live an die on the fluidity of the controls think super mario world for a great oldschool example of precise control or shovel knight for a modern one.

The graphics and what not are secondary behind that, also it's a good idea to add some quirks to your game, for instance mario with things like yoshi and the cape or shovel knight and magic/ the pogo shovel mechanics

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, ShaunOfNintendo said:

Has much development gone into the game so far or are you just starting? 

We are just starting out