Windows 10 update stuff.

So. The newest "big" update that took 3 hours for me to update has ruined my experience with games, and here's why,

Games that ran semi-decently are now horse dung,

Xbox 360 controller inputs feel more delayed,

I'm running not the best rig in the world (GT610, i3-3420, 4gb ram), but NFS UG2 (that is a 12 y/o game) is running at 20-25 fps, when earlier it ran at a stable 60.

Other games are even worse, Vanilla minecraft (yes minecraft) for my sister ran at 59 fps stable, now it goes from 20-25 to 10-15 in more intense areas.

Has anyone had this problem too? Do you know a possible fix?

Make sure you update all your drivers: Graphics card, sound card, motherboard chipset, SATA controller.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Make sure you update all your drivers: Graphics card, sound card, motherboard chipset, SATA controller.

I did, problem still persists

31 minutes ago, Demonhog said:

I did, problem still persists

Do Win+X, and click on System. A panel will open, on that panel, on the left column, click on "Advanced system settings", then click on the first "Settings..." button (under the Performance group). A new panel will show. On that new panel, go under the "Advanced" tab, and make sure that "Programs" is selected, and click on "Change..." button, and make sure the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is selected. If any option was changed, you need to restart your system to apply.

Check also for background programs. You maybe have one that re-installed itself after upgrade which craps out on the back costing you performance.

Another thing you can look into:

If you have an anti-virus, beside Windows Defender, try and uninstall it for a moment, restart your system, and see if performance is restored, if not, install it back.

21 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Do Win+X, and click on System. A panel will open, on that panel, on the left column, click on "Advanced system settings", then click on the first "Settings..." button (under the Performance group). A new panel will show. On that new panel, go under the "Advanced" tab, and make sure that "Programs" is selected, and click on "Change..." button, and make sure the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is selected. If any option was changed, you need to restart your system to apply.

Check also for background programs. You maybe have one that re-installed itself after upgrade which craps out on the back costing you performance.

Another thing you can look into:

If you have an anti-virus, beside Windows Defender, try and uninstall it for a moment, restart your system, and see if performance is restored, if not, install it back.

Yeah, thanks, actually turned out that a program was open and was hogging down the pc.

It's at 30/60fps stable now.

30 minutes ago, Demonhog said:

Yeah, thanks, actually turned out that a program was open and was hogging down the pc.

It's at 30/60fps stable now.

Excellent news!

Glad it all works :)