Best $800-$900AUD Video Camera?

jscho

I'm looking for the best video camera in that price range. I'll maybe go up to $1000 if it's justifiable. I'm getting into making short films and I want to make them look more professional. I'm making a short film for my high school multimedia class, and I want the film to be as high quality as possible. I'm shooting for the highest marks possible :)

If you guys can suggest one with an external mic input, that'd be very nice :) Though not essential at this stage.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I dont know the price, but the camera linus uses for the commercials is pretty darn good. Maybe someone know the model and stuff

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I dont know the price, but the camera linus uses for the commercials is pretty darn good. Maybe someone know the model and stuff

I think he uses his Sony FS-700 for those. That's a $7000+ camera ;)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I think he uses his Sony FS-700 for those. That's a $7000+ camera ;)

holy moses. well.. xD

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

holy moses. well.. xD

He's done an unboxing of the beast ^_^ Check it out.

I'm looking for the best video camera in that price range. I'll maybe go up to $1000 if it's justifiable. I'm getting into making short films and I want to make them look more professional. I'm making a short film for my high school multimedia class, and I want the film to be as high quality as possible. I'm shooting for the highest marks possible :)

If you guys can suggest one with an external mic input, that'd be very nice :) Though not essential at this stage.

Forget about spending $1000 on the camera itself

get yourself a t3i and put the best glass possible on it and make sure your audio is good. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCSFS6h00

you'll be very happy with the results 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Forget about spending $1000 on the camera itself

get yourself a t3i and put the best glass possible on it and make sure your audio is good. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCSFS6h00

you'll be very happy with the results 

Thank you! You might have saved me a fair bit of money! Can you recommend any good lenses? I don't have a clue what to look for ^_^

Thank you! You might have saved me a fair bit of money! Can you recommend any good lenses? I don't have a clue what to look for ^_^

get yourself a good zoom forget prime for your 1st batch of lenses, you'll have a 18-55 so you'll want a wide angle and a close angle lens

55-250 will be good for tight shots, use the 18-55 when needed for mid range

and for ultra wide "cinematic looking shots"  your gonna want a tamron 10-24 

all of these lenses I have in my camerabag as well as a nifty fifty and a 28-80 but only buy those if you have some extra spending cash 

#KilledMyWife 

get yourself a good zoom forget prime for your 1st batch of lenses, you'll have a 18-55 so you'll want a wide angle and a close angle lens

all of these lenses I have in my camerabag as well as a nifty fifty and a 28-80 but only buy those if you have some extra spending cash 

Thank you very much! ^_^ I appreciate it :)

Thank you very much! ^_^ I appreciate it :)

I cover a lot of cinematography on my channel a fair bit you can always contact me on youtube or on the forum (preferably the forum) 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKull101

#KilledMyWife 

I cover a lot of cinematography on my channel a fair bit you can always contact me on youtube or on the forum (preferably the forum) 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKull101

I think I now know who to go to with my camera questions :)

http://www.teds.com.au/jvc-gx-px100 I honestly think this is your best bet. It does everything you want plus more and no need for lens because it has got one on it :P

Video review from B&H

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510