Can't decide on a graphics card

PainBlame

I saw a 1080s sli vrs Titan X comparison on The Wither 3 in 4k. The 1080 SLI had stuttering at 70 fps, while the Titan looked smoother at just 50 fps. I'm assuming its because of the 4gb more memory or because sli stuttering is not preventable. Is it preventable?

I am in the process of building my first computer. I have a 4 year old quad-core laptop that was cool when i got out of highschool but now it can barely run stuff smoothly, with random screen freezes that last 10 seconds. money isn't a big issue, but i have money because i find the best ways to spend less. The 1080 ti comes out in 5 months and i would like to have an opinion of what type of graphics card i should get. I plan on doing some creative artwork in Unreal Engine 4. What type of graphics card should i get that will satisfy my needs for a little while? Maybe even an sli if i could get two good ones for under $400.

What kind of resale would i get back if i sold the graphics card in just half a year?

I would say if you do creative work and are rendering and such I would probably go with the XP. also with 1 card you wont have any SLI issues although the stuttering in the game you noticed could have been a driver issue or a SLI profile or lack there of in witcher 3. I currently have 1080 sli and have never had any stuttering issues what so ever. I run 1440p 144 hz. hope this helps