Can I save some money ?

Corn323

So I thougt about this PC with this Monitor:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/DJvsKZ

The Monitor will not be bought right now,, for the rest, would this be a good PC (in the means of decent bang for the buck) ?

GTX1060 or RX 480?

I am from Austria

The PC will mostly be used to Game (BF4 / BF1 / and some RTS games at the moment CoH but also AotS looks good) 

For internet and some other stuff I have a secondary PC with normal HDD, but maybe a 2,5" HDD wouldn't hurt, For the PC I wanted not to spend more then 700€ but I have a feeling that this slightly more future proof.

Kind Regards

for games like bf1 at 4K ultrawide kinda hard with 480. maybe ultrawide 1080p?

Isn't this Montitor 1440p ? Yes I know it won't be the best experience but the Monitor will last probably longer than the PC 9_9

1 minute ago, Corn323 said:

Isn't this Montitor 1440p ? Yes I know it won't be the best experience but the Monitor will last probably longer than the PC 9_9

It's 3440x1440. 1440p is 2560x1440. An RX 480 doesn't really max out AAA games in 1440p. So don't expect to run games at ultra settings. 

Just now, Corn323 said:

oh damn i saw 3440

http://i.imgur.com/GjBVU0J.png

well it did reach 40+ fps on ultra 1440p

9 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

It's 3440x1440. 1440p is 2560x1440. An RX 480 doesn't really max out AAA games in 1440p. So don't expect to run games at ultra settings. 

I didn't expect to ;-) but would a 2560x1440 be a better option, at the moment I am still at 1680x1050?

I expect my monitor to last longer than my PC so I am willing to spend a little bit more on that 

9 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

oh damn i saw 3440

*snip*

well it did reach 40+ fps on ultra 1440p

Doesn't look to bad :-D, at the moment I tstill have a R9 270x but in BF4 my CPU struggles (100% all the time).

Are the other components alright so far ?

Just now, Corn323 said:

I didn't expect to ;-) but would a 2560x1440 be a better option, at the moment I am still at 1680x1050?

I expect my monitor to last longer than my PC so I am willing to spend a little bit more on that 

Doesn't look to bad :-D, at the moment I tstill have a R9 270x but in BF4 my CPU struggles (100% all the time).

Are the other components alright so far ?

yes. looks good

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the Revive, but slight change of plans, I got the Acer Monitor with Today's deals fairly cheap and got it right away :$

Yes I know I'm quite undecided when it comes to such investments

So which components should I change to Max out the modern Titles ?

The limit would be 1000€ still, i would like an Mini ITX case because it will be (in the fore see able future) my HTPC, so case is something that is not final.

The original build: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/DJvsKZ but with an 1060 ?

or something like this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/D6rbkT ?

I also could use my Corsair RS650x PSU because I can get it out of my current PC, eventually also the Cooler (Noctua NH-U9B SE2 ) if the Case would support it (but that depends)

What would be the better bang for the buck? 

Kind regards

And thanks for the help all the way