Hi and a question

Lizcat

Hi there Linus tech tips community!

I'm Liz and I'm new here *waves*. My husband got me into all the wonderful videos Linus and his team make :) I just love the tips, the know-how, the news... and the humour! So I thought it might be time to register with the community^^

I was asking myself if there is a project ongoing to subtitle Linus' videos and translate them into other languages. I'm from Bavaria in Germany (the land of beer, Oktoberfest and, of course, socks and sandals) and I have quite a few friends who would love the videos, but don't speak English.

Cheers,

Liz

Not to delay perfect answer, but Google and several independent tech companies have prototype models in testing right now that process language in real time, translate them, and output that speech into a dedicated language of choice. It's only a matter of time before YouTube, though more likely Google browser, incorporates their translation software into uploaded videos.

I know for now what they can do is use Google translate and stop / start the video, but that is my only temporary solution. Hope someone has a better, more permanent answer.

Eternity: i7 6700k, nVidia GTX GeForce 1070, 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD/2 TB WD Black HDD, Corsair RM850X Gold+, Corsair H115i Extreme, Fractal Design R4, 16GB Cosair Vengeance 2400,  Acer Predator XB271HU