Is the Razer Seiren Actually Worth it

BlakeThePCScrub

Im aiming to get someone to reply here who has personal experience with the product, otherwise I'd be open to alternative suggestions.

I want to know if the audio quality is good enough for gaming such as CS:GO, skype calls and youtube commentaries/cut coms.

I used headsets for the last 3years and have 0 experience with audio devices such as microphones or speakers. Please let me know if there is anything I should be aware of when purchasing it and what your thoughts are!

(my setup is based around razer products so that is why this mic is something I am VERY interested in, as only now do I have enough money to purchase it)

Better question, why waste $200 on a junkie Razer mic when you can buy a nicer $150 Audio Technica...

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

It's definitely good, as if it wasn't it wouldn't be 300$. Although, the blue yeti is pretty much the same quality, and around half the price.

2 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Better question, why waste $200 on a junkie Razer mic when you can buy a nicer $150 Audio Technica...

does the AT plug into USB?

EDIT: and come with a stand?

5 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

It's definitely good, as if it wasn't it wouldn't be 300$. Although, the blue yeti is pretty much the same quality, and around half the price.

6 minutes ago, LukeS said:

I am purchasing it for $150AUD when it is generally $300+ AUD. Thats $100USD say, so now is it worth it over a technica?

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

does the AT plug into USB?

EDIT: and come with a stand?

56 minutes ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

I am purchasing it for $150AUD when it is generally $300+ AUD. Thats $100USD say, so now is it worth it over a technica?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/38847e6f71eb2784/index.html

I own this and have had experience with the Seiren. I prefer audiotechnica, but I am a musician and less of a gamer. It is cheaper and has better quality, however. If you really want a good mic, Get a Blue Yeti. Those are what most all professional streamers/youtubers start out with. The mic I gave has a desktop stand, not a larger mic stand (as in like a preformance stand), same as the Yeti.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Sigh.. $150AUD to speak in a video game, why not try an AUNA Mic900 or a Blue Nessie, or hell even one of those clip on Sony microphones?

Im not sure if im in the right to say it but where I work has 2 AKG P120 (I think but not sure) Microphones that we attempted to use but couldn't because they picked up to much noise. They are basically open box. If you want one I can see what I can do

Breaking things 1 day at a time