Gears of war 4 performance report

Techicolors

Gears of War 4 is upon us, with DX12! 

guru3D has done a performance review. here's a couple of highlights (link http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gears-of-war-4-pc-vga-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html)

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26056

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26057

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26058

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26059

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26090

edit: 

- Note that the game comes with an extensive benchmarking tool that will give you a nice overview of usage across your system as it runs

(start at 6:50) 

gives the game potential as a viable bench tool 

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=26045

- additionally there are "Insane" graphics settings present which are not enabled by default even on the Ultra preset. the "Insane" settings are intended for futureproofing the game, and is very demanding. you can see these settings in the Digitalfoundry video above

Seems I can pull it at 30fps with that

the store wouldn't let me preload, maybe I can actually download it later.

OAS || AAS || LLS

29 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

the store wouldn't let me preload, maybe I can actually download it later.

The game is already out.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

This game is just incredible on PC - so impressed!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Don't play the game,but came across a pretty good benchmark review.

GOW 4 graphics performance benchmark review

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

30 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

Don't play the game,but came across a pretty good benchmark review.

GOW 4 graphics performance benchmark review

I like the CPU comparison at the end, that was a nice touch

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

3 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

I like the CPU comparison at the end, that was a nice touch

Agree

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope it comes to steam.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

20 hours ago, ivan134 said:

The game is already out.

I understood that, but when I had originally tried to install the game during the time when you could preload I kept getting an error, when I tried to download the game after the launch it only gave me a buy option, I eventually got it to install after about 30 mins of trouble shooting... 

I get 140 fps at 1080p on ultra with a 4790k at 4.6, 16gb of ram and a 1080 sc(going to get an ultrawide) the game runs great.

OAS || AAS || LLS

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Sorry to crush your dreams, but that will never happen and to be frank, the Microsoft store is fine. 

no, the microsoft store isn't fine. there's so many issues with it. alas i put up with it, because i want to play FH3

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

That's a bummer then, because I haven't had a single issue with the MS store. What kind of issues are you thinking of?

i had issues downloading. took forever just to get FH3 or Quantum Break to download.. the UI sucks too. and then there's UWP.. 

16 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Sorry to crush your dreams, but that will never happen and to be frank, the Microsoft store is fine. 

1. QB came to Steam and they said it would not bevore too

2. I dont support MS Policy

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'd be perfectly content with the team that ported this to PC working on the rest of Microsoft's Play Anywhere titles. 

Fantastic options menu:

Spoiler

Gears_of_War_4_video_settings.png

9 minutes ago, typographie said:

I'd be perfectly content with the team that ported this to PC working on the rest of Microsoft's Play Anywhere titles. 

Fantastic options menu:

Reveal hidden contents

Gears_of_War_4_video_settings.png

Totally agree - I was so worried that it might crash and burn given the shitshow that is Forza Horizon 3 on PC.  Alas, this was not the case!

38 minutes ago, Praesi said:

1. QB came to Steam and they said it would not bevore too

2. I dont support MS Policy

it's highly possible gears of war 4 won't come to steam, as microsoft owns the franchise. same with FH3. quantum break was different in that microsoft was the publisher, but didn't own the IP

29 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

it's highly possible gears of war 4 won't come to steam, as microsoft owns the franchise. same with FH3. quantum break was different in that microsoft was the publisher, but didn't own the IP

If it comes to steam, i will buy it. If not, not. Its MS choice to turn down Money.

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

QB isn't a franchise IP owned by Microsoft, Gears of War IV which was developed by The Coalition which is owned by Microsoft. You also forgot Gears of War Ultimate Edition which hasn't made it to Steam either. Now personally I don't give a flying poo whether the game is on Steam or not, as long as it plays the way I like it, then objective acheived. You also forgot about one benefit of GoW 4 on MS store, I get a copy of it on my Xbox One too. Bonus!!! :)

I dont care about Peasant Content, but i care about the Future of my Hobby. What ever. I wish you Fun with it.

4 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Microsoft has said that they'll release some of games of STEAM we just don't know which ones.

4 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

That's a bummer then, because I haven't had a single issue with the MS store. What kind of issues are you thinking of?

I've had a lot of issues. Mostly with downloading. Not with Gears of War in particular but with other content. It's not perfect. Not enough people use it to give it valuable feedback. Microsoft employees themselves probably hardly use it and I just don't mean for gaming.

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i had issues downloading. took forever just to get FH3 or Quantum Break to download.. the UI sucks too. and then there's UWP.. 

UWP isn't that bad, a few technical limitations ATM but the premise is good.

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

Microsoft probably owns Quantum Break too, if you google it, the origin of the game is Microsoft wanting to work with Remedy to create a new IP and Remedy talks about how it wouldn't be possible without Microsoft's funding. + Microsoft also owns the Trademark.

52 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

QB isn't a franchise IP owned by Microsoft, Gears of War IV which was developed by The Coalition which is owned by Microsoft. You also forgot Gears of War Ultimate Edition which hasn't made it to Steam either. Now personally I don't give a flying poo whether the game is on Steam or not, as long as it plays the way I like it, then objective acheived. You also forgot about one benefit of GoW 4 on MS store, I get a copy of it on my Xbox One too. Bonus!!! :)

What I said above. + Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Gears of War 4 are different than Quantum Break because there's no multiplayer. I suspect they are going to have issues with STEAM until they get some new APIs that allow access to the new Xbox Live APIs via Win32 apps (which there isn't). Or they need to be able to package UWP apps onto STEAM which also involves dev work.

51 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I dont care about Peasant Content, but i care about the Future of my Hobby. What ever. I wish you Fun with it.

I think some competition is good for the future of your hobby though. Unlike most, I was (king of) happy when EA came out with Origin, despite the fact that I no longer had a consolidated library, I liked that Origin had real customer service and that they had features that STEAM didn't. If people didn't hate EA so much and they kept adding features like they used to, I think Origin could have been a really great client. There are simple QOL and UX features that people have been requesting on STEAM for several years (6+) but STEAM hasn't done anything. It seems nowadays they only work on features that will directly get them more money. They no longer have any pressure to offer the better experience.  I don't know if you pay any attention to "peasant hardware"  but the PS3 was horrendous and if Microsoft wasn't there putting the pressure last gen the PS4 would probably be just as bad. My point is a little competition is good, having everything consolidated is nice, but competition keeps the industry innovative.