PC make 4 beeps when starting up

Devin92

Hello guys,

My pc just blue screened but not the regular bsod, its a weird blue color with no text. then I try to remove on 1 of the 2 RAMs to trouble shoot. And when i hit power button pc makes 4 beep sound and screen keeps black. When I trie the other RAM pc starts fine. Is it a faulty RAM? RAM can just die out of nowhere? where can i know what the system warning beep sound means?

RAM is ripjawsX 2x4GB ddr3.  Mobo asrock h97 pro4

If everything works without the RAM, then yeah, you have faulty RAM. RMA it and you're good to go.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

if a ram stick dies its probably from your motherboard as having a faulty dimm slot or its from your psu for either under or overpowering your ram

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

If everything works without the RAM, then yeah, you have faulty RAM. RMA it and you're good to go.

have any idea where to find out what those beep sound means? 

2 minutes ago, psycoUSA said:

if a ram stick dies its probably from your motherboard as having a faulty dimm slot or its from your psu for either under or overpowering your ram

so it could be just the dimm slot gone wrong? hmm may need more trouble shoot then. my psu is pretty new and its rx550m so shouldnt be psu. definitely hope not