Farcry 4 (Uplay) issue

SageOfSpice

So I bought Farcry 4 a while back, and never really installed it. Just installed it tonight, and I'm running into a weird issue.

It's not an issue I've ever really run into with a game. The game will start as it should, but it constantly hangs on certain pages. It's not hanging as though the program has gone unresponsive though, but rather, it won't switch to the screen it should?

So, say I launch the game. All the intro logo crap shows up fine, and it runs as it should up until the auto-save indicator explanation. At this point, it's supposed to go to the menu. Instead, what happens is it stays on the black screen just before the start screen, and it plays the music. No matter how long I leave it at this screen, it will not progress, and it plays the entire ambient song as though it was running fine. The odd thing is that alt+tab fixes it. Now, if it was just that menu, it wouldn't be a problem, but it seems like it happens on any menu where there is a dynamic background. It isn't just the program not responding, or locking up or anything, the dynamic menu-backgrounds will continuously move as though I was still in the menu until I alt+tab, at which point it will update.

I've verified my game files, and I've run it in compatibility mode with no success.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Common Problem. Google FC4 blackscreen. FC4 has many Problems with Win10.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Common Problem. Google FC4 blackscreen. FC4 has many Problems with Win10.

I'm actually running 7 now, but yeah I was looking into it a bit. Seems like it has many problems in general.

49 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

I'm actually running 7 now, but yeah I was looking into it a bit. Seems like it has many problems in general.

Wish I could say the storyline is worth all the trouble. FC3 is way better.

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

Wish I could say the storyline is worth all the trouble. FC3 is way better.

Yeah, I picked that up for the 360 shortly after it had come out. I think the only other one I'd played was Instincts.

FC3 and Blood Dragon were like $3 during the summer sale, so I picked them up on PC as well. Still haven't played Blood Dragon yet.

I did manage to get it running a bit better, on the plus side. Apparently it didn't like my charging kit for the 360 controller being plugged in. I don't know, every time I see a specific GPU manufacturer logo, I just assume the game is going to be irreparably broken in some way.