Looking for a new compact

So im looking around for a new compact camera, the reason that i want one of these is i have a d5100 but i cant nearly bring that around as much as i would like. I have been looking into the canon G7x because of its AMAZING low light performance, does anybody have any other suggestions?

The G7x is a good camera, other options are the R100 or RX100 from Sony.  What is your budget and what features are important for you in the camera?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

On 10/7/2016 at 1:17 PM, AkiraDaarkst said:

The G7x is a good camera, other options are the R100 or RX100 from Sony.  What is your budget and what features are important for you in the camera?

I would like some decent low light preformance out of it however that doesnt have to be amazing. I would also like to stay below 550 if possible

6 minutes ago, jeonjaeng said:

I would like some decent low light preformance out of it however that doesnt have to be amazing. I would also like to stay below 550 if possible

550 USD?

A Sony RX100 mk II is exactly 550 USD on B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/984408-DEMO/sony_dsc_rx100m2_b_cyber_shot_dsc_rx100m2_digital_camera.html

A Canon G9x is 480 USD in B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1188053-REG/canon_0511c001_powershot_g9x_digital_camera.html

You can have it with an old film camera stylish look

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1188054-REG/canon_0924c001_powershot_g9x_digital_camera.html

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

How would you compare the 2 cameras? Right now im kinda leaning towards the sony.

6 minutes ago, jeonjaeng said:

How would you compare the 2 cameras? Right now im kinda leaning towards the sony.

Both should be about the same, look at their specs and see which one feels more suitable for you.