Oddest bug in Fifa 17- 100% usage on all 8 cores i7-4790k

Davehaslanded

So I would consider this a gremlin. I played the game for 3 days with no issue. Then, one evening I went to play and the game slowed to a >12fps stutter. So I did the usual tests. clean install of drivers, checked there hadn't been a game patch (there hasn't) and booted up HWmonitor and wow! All 8 cores are maxed to 100% when playing. I'm playing at 4k and even the GPU was only at 60%. I tried playing at 1080p just in case, same result. The most annoying thing about this is ID been playing the game fine for 3 days and nothing, literally nothing had changed. No windows updates, no game updates, no hardware changes, absolutely nothing. Heres the odd thing. Upon doing research, it turned out that FIFA 15 had a similar issue on some peoples PCs, which considering it was using a completely difference engine, leads me to believe that problem could well be Origin, despite me turning off overlay. At some level, its still clearly running

Anyone else had this issue or one similar in another game.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

Seems like the "haunted hardware episode 1" of LTT x) 

Have you tried reinstalling it? 

Doing so at the moment. It was my last resort due to the 30GB file size. I have Fibre, but still in the day time (I'm in the UK) it takes a long time to download that amount of Data.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

1 minute ago, Davehaslanded said:

Doing so at the moment. It was my last resort due to the 30GB file size. I have Fibre, but still in the day time (I'm in the UK) it takes a long time to download that amount of Data.

Off topic, but what's your download/upload in average? 

Your CPU only has FOUR cores, not EIGHT.

Also, just googling this has brought up a lot of similar results. Have you tried using any of their solutions? 

6 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Your CPU only has FOUR cores, not EIGHT.

Also, just googling this has brought up a lot of similar results. Have you tried using any of their solutions? 

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

He probably wanted to say threads

Ok 4 cores, 8 threads. Still its an i7 4790k. Fifa shouldn't be maxing it out. Most of the solutions that  come up are actually for Fifa 15, not 17.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Davehaslanded said:

Ok 4 cores, 8 threads. Still its an i7 4790k. Fifa shouldn't be maxing it out. Most of the solutions that  come up are actually for Fifa 15, not 17.

Have you even tried them? Most of time fixes for games work on newer/older versions.

Just now, Jed M said:

Have you even tried them? Most of time fixes for games work on newer/older versions.

Ive tried a Couple, but this years game is an entirely different engine. The New Fifa uses Frostbite engine.

18 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Off topic, but what's your download/upload in average? 

Varies, but I recently cut my package from 70mb to 35mb and we get 30 down 10 up. Depends on time and whats going on.

Spoiler

I will tell you a common fix for me which may not be related to your problem, but still related to a common problem in fifa.
No matter what your refresh rate is, if the fps goes higher than your refresh rate, your game will get crazy weird stuttering.
Only way to solve it is to fully enable vsync.

As for your problem, I would try deleting your fifa folder in documents, as uninstalling the game does not remove this folder.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000