Best linux distro for old laptop

So i have has this old Compaq Presario CQ56 that runs 100% CPU usage on 1 chrome tab so i want to put linux on it to see if it makes a difference preferably something windows looking (as it's my mums laptop so I'm thinking maybe debian with kde). It runs windows 7 with an AMD V160 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and a 215 GB HDD

thanks in advance

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 ~ ASUS GTX 950 OC STRIX GB ~

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB dual channel 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 ~ SSD:HyperX Savage 240GB  ~  PSU: Corsair CX550M

~ MOUSE: Logitech G700s ~ KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow tournament

HEADPHONES: Focousrite HP60  ~ MIC:Focusrite CM25 ~ A.I: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~ MONITOR: Asus VC239H 23-inch IPS Monitor ~ CASE: Fractual Design define R4  ~ Corsair MM300 Medium

i have a old atom netbook with 1gb of ram and lubuntu run extremely well. Considering how my net book is weaker than what your using i think it should work fine.

Error 404 humor not found.

ok thanks @SukaroBlue

HEADPHONES: Focousrite HP60  ~ MIC:Focusrite CM25 ~ A.I: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~ MONITOR: Asus VC239H 23-inch IPS Monitor ~ CASE: Fractual Design define R4  ~ Corsair MM300 Medium

I'd definitely say Lubuntu or Xubuntu. They both run very well on older systems in my experience. ArchBang is also a good choice if you don't mind manually partitioning your disks (ie, through the command line.)

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

another problem when i open windows disk imager nothing comes up and it has all your controls but where the partitions should be is blank and it just says 

Connecting to Virtual Disk Service...

and it just stays like this. So is there a way to fix this or is there a way i can install linux without a partition

2 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

another problem when i open windows disk imager nothing comes up and it has all your controls but where the partitions should be is blank and it just says 

Connecting to Virtual Disk Service...

and it just stays like this. So is there a way to fix this or is there a way i can install linux without a partition

Try UnetBootin

you should try it with linux distros that have a live iso. that is, you can use the OS without having to install it. go to distrowatch. there are some super light linux distros that run entirely out of RAM. the only drawback is you have to save every session and they dont come with a lot of necessary dependencies that you need to run a lot of games and other applications. and you not only have to install those dependencies, but on the first boot you have to configure all hardware and drivers manually.

ok thanks @Ronald Browen