EVGA Powerlink

Katsunaka

EVGA announced their new Powerlink, and they're giving it all EVGA 1000 series graphics cards owners.

http://www.evga.com/articles/01051/evga-powerlink/

According to users who've already requested their new link, the link is scheduled to ship on or around Oct 12th. 

I'd imagine shortly afterwards EVGA will begin selling them for non EVGA graphics cards owners to buy. According to EVGA's site it'll retail for 29.99.

I'm just wondering how'd it work on non EVGA cards. Sure it's probably designed to be used on alot of other cards, but I'm curious to know what it looks like on other cards.

It'll work with other cards, because you can adjust the connectors it has on the end that connects to your cards connections, but I'd imagine the end where you'd plug cables in is just 2 8pin connectors, so it can take any form of 6 or 8 power cable for any card.

I'm going to pick one up once it goes on sale. I don't use my Strix's fan plugs, and I think the EVGA Powerlink might cover up the front  of the Strix card that extends past the backplate.

Just gotta mod it to hide that EVGA logo. Nothing against them, just don't have any of their products in my build, so don't need that to show.

So are the cards that EVGA is showing them off on, but that's none of my business. lol

I just want one because my case is better suited for something like that on my video card, that using the front power connectors on my video card.

I don't think they're currently proprietary to EVGA, I would imagine you could use this on a 290 or some other dual 8-pin card.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

52 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't think they're currently proprietary to EVGA, I would imagine you could use this on a 290 or some other dual 8-pin card.

Theyre not. 

The connections can be swapped for any configuration of 6 or 8 pin power. 

Just at the end that plugs into your video card. I dont know about the other end. 

I want one for my strix 1070 to clean up my cable mgmt.