144Hz Monitor Canada ($250 max)

deleted_member_030719

I need to upgrade my monitor from 60 Hz, to 144Hz. I got a taste of 75Hz and now I am an addict. 

I've been trying to find a good 144 Hz monitor for less than $250 CAD, and the closest thing I've found is this: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01

But I've been reading that is only enables 144 Hz over DVI-D. I am looking for HDMI or Displayport 144 Hz monitors.

After a little bit of googling, I don't think you're going to be able to get that kind of price for the monitor you want. That may be possible if you get a used/refurbished one. The closest thing I can find is a freesync monitor that has displayport and it's about $17 CAD over budget.

Freesync: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/ref=sr_1_5?tag=amazon0606-20&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1461901857&sr=1-5&keywords=144hz+monitor

A regular 1080p144hz is going to cost a bit more and with g-sync a lot more.

Why are you exclusive to using HDMI or displayport? HDMI 2.0 only supports up to 120hz. Displayport is probably the way to go though.

11 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

A regular 1080p144hz is going to cost a bit more and with g-sync a lot more.

I never said or mentioned g-sync. Where I live it's $680+ which is a bullshit price for any monitor.

12 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

Why are you exclusive to using HDMI or displayport? HDMI 2.0 only supports up to 120hz. Displayport is probably the way to go though.

I don't mind others, but I want to keep up with later technology/cords. I don't mind going down to 120 Hz, it's still double 60 Hz which is amazing. 

12 minutes ago, Jed M said:

I never said or mentioned g-sync. Where I live it's $680+ which is a bullshit price for any monitor.

I don't mind others, but I want to keep up with later technology/cords. I don't mind going down to 120 Hz, it's still double 60 Hz which is amazing. 

I know you didn't mention g-sync. I just didn't want to leave it out of the picture since I mentioned the others.

14 minutes ago, Jed M said:

I don't mind others, but I want to keep up with later technology/cords. I don't mind going down to 120 Hz

That freesync monitor that I linked will work fine then. Using HDMI, you can get 120hz. Going the displayport route will get you the full 144hz. I couldn't find any other monitors at that price range with hdmi and/or displayport.

Once you go 60+fps, you really can't go back lol

31 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

Once you go 60+fps, you really can't go back lol

It's like crack...

32 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

That freesync monitor that I linked will work fine then. Using HDMI, you can get 120hz. Going the displayport route will get you the full 144hz. I couldn't find any other monitors at that price range with hdmi and/or displayport.

Would I need FreeSync for that or no? 

8 hours ago, Jed M said:

It's like crack...

Would I need FreeSync for that or no? 

You wouldn't be able to use freesync but no, you don't need to have an AMD card to use the monitor.

4 hours ago, IND4Z0NE said:

You wouldn't be able to use freesync but no, you don't need to have an AMD card to use the monitor.

I am just wondering about the 144Hz particularly, some monitors have weird ways of connecting to specif cards. Like some monitors require AMD cards to get their full potential, or a Nvidia card.

1 hour ago, Jed M said:

I am just wondering about the 144Hz particularly, some monitors have weird ways of connecting to specif cards. Like some monitors require AMD cards to get their full potential, or a Nvidia card.

I've never heard of that being a case but it should function like a regular monitor and you just wouldn't be able to use its AMD feature. If you use displayport, you can use the monitor's full potential 144hz and all just without adaptive sync.

4 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

I've never heard of that being a case but it should function like a regular monitor and you just wouldn't be able to use its AMD feature. If you use displayport, you can use the monitor's full potential 144hz and all just without adaptive sync.

In Canada that monitor is over $700...

3 hours ago, Jed M said:

In Canada that monitor is over $700...

Wtf, yeah I just looked at canada's amazon. Dang they really marked it up high for you guys.

28 minutes ago, IND4Z0NE said:

Wtf, yeah I just looked at canada's amazon. Dang they really marked it up high for you guys.

Even switching the currency from USD to CAD, that's still under $300, lol... It's bullshit, I hate my country. I hope the next American president crashes the American economy for a week.