Molex fan controller

Sebastian Kurpiel

Hey guys, I bought a Zalman z9 Neo and it came with two Molex fans at the top. They run at full speed no matter what the temperature is and I was wondering if there is product to lower the speed. When I was younger I remember it was a cable that lowered the voltage. Thanks for the help in advance.

14 minutes ago, Sebastian Kurpiel said:

Hey guys, I bought a Zalman z9 Neo and it came with two Molex fans at the top. They run at full speed no matter what the temperature is and I was wondering if there is product to lower the speed. When I was younger I remember it was a cable that lowered the voltage. Thanks for the help in advance.

I cant see anything anywhere. Perhaps getting some cheap, more quiet 3/4 pin would be better?

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Fan resistors are usually for 2, 3, or 4pin fan connectors. 

For your molex fans, you can try swapping the pins for a 5v signal which would result in ~40% rpm. If you want to control fan speeds, get a different fan.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.