Sound glitching and gpu stuttering while gaming

Mouse-Potato

As the title says, I'm getting some weird sound glitching while playing all my games, the gpu seems to have trouble refreshing properly as well.

I reinstalled the graphic driver (nvidia) and the gpu is an EVGA GTX 780 SC.

This is driving me nute, I'm not sure what to do, I'm also running windows 10, it's a pretty fresh install as well. I used to run Win 7 without any problems.

Does anyone have any ideas what i'm not doing right or where the problem might be coming from??

Do you also get these sound glitches in videos on youtube ?

Just now, Si3Rra_7 said:

Do you also get these sound glitches in videos on youtube ?

Not that I have noticed, it's more like static... almost when you have a audio cable that's not connected properly if you see what I mean?

I have a similar problem with my gtx 760 ( same architecture ) . I think it's the driver's fault . 

Try using DDU to cleanly uninstall it . You have to enter safe mode to use it . Press shift when clicking on restart in the restart menu to get into advanced boot where you can select safe mode.

After that reinstall it by downloading geforce experience again.

3 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

I have a similar problem with my gtx 760 ( same architecture ) . I think it's the driver's fault . 

Try using DDU to cleanly uninstall it . You have to enter safe mode to use it . Press shift when clicking on restart in the restart menu to get into advanced boot where you can select safe mode.

Ok, I will give this a try. After clean uninstall do I just use Gefore experience to reinstall it or should I install and older driver* version?

3 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Ok, I will give this a try. After clean uninstall do I just use Gefore experience to reinstall it or should I install and older driver* version?

It's not an exact science , i'm currently trying with the latest driver and audio issue seems to have stopped. If i get any problems i'd revert to an old driver ( i dont know yet which one )

15 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

It's not an exact science , i'm currently trying with the latest driver and audio issue seems to have stopped.

I did what you said, and reinstalled the driver directly through the nvidia site, the problem still persists... :/

47 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:02:06  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        DESKTOP-LOTKPAI
OS version:                                           Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
Hardware:                                             All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-AR
CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Logical processors:                                   8
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  16323 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   801 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   111,166481
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   2,259186

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       107,333154
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       0,741181

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              97,538077
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0,023972
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0,029513

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   39201
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              128,968789
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0,015358
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0,056047

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   152571
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 latmon.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       123
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          91
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs):          9902,511860
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%):              0,002624
Number of processes hit:                              6

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1,178945
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                97,538077
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,297302
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      39177
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                128,968789
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,429104
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      106786
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,139347
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                31,400749
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,000295
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      24
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61,043695
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,013398
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      3773
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,284882
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                103,950062
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,061823
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      23157
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,163889
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61,762797
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,017550
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      4900
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,153797
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 4 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61,642946
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,007093
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      2505
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,150322
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 5 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61,523096
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,005668
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      2325
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,162924
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 6 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                77,093633
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,018833
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      5662
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,418186
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 7 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61,083645
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,011694
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      3463

3 hours ago, Mouse-Potato said:

-snip-

Yeah, that looks pretty good, actually.

All the same, you should run it while you're actually performing a task, and see if these issues correlate to any software issues. So, try it out on a game for a bit, and when it starts acting up, take another look at it.

18 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

All the same, you should run it while you're actually performing a task, and see if these issues correlate to any software issues. So, try it out on a game for a bit, and when it starts acting up, take another look at it.

results after gaming:

CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:46:57  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        DESKTOP-LOTKPAI
OS version:                                           Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
Hardware:                                             All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-AR
CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Logical processors:                                   8
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  16323 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   801 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   3034,721042
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   2,394699

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       3033,443265
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       0,771412

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              5322,866417
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0,106311
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0,134575

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   4300612
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              49
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              5480,449438
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       ntoskrnl.exe - NT Kernel & System, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0,044059
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0,170464

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   14809369
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                164
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              42
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              5
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 svchost.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       88344
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          24663
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs):          1976943,790262
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%):              0,947516
Number of processes hit:                              75

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       96,718922
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                5322,866417
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   30,252276
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      4283223
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                5480,449438
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   32,502704
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      13510911
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       39,786439
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                94,202247
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,082473
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      16863
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                567,850187
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   1,208763
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      227184
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       28,929852
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                54,332085
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,002689
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      553
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                2051,235955
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   2,205029
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      497679
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       30,067861
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                12,604245
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,000077
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      23
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                218,766542
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,390123
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      90680
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       23,984344
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 4 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                185,967541
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,617680
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      157021
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       25,075734
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 5 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                102,651685
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,269949
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      60606
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       24,162546
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 6 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                146,956305
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,540742
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      126582
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       31,728339
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 7 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                137,637953
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,693064
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      138918

test 2.png

Not sure if driver or power related, the PSU is brand new and is a Corsair RM series so I doubt that it's coming from that?

On 04/10/2016 at 1:28 PM, SageOfSpice said:

@SageOfSpice   Bump!