Question about installing an OS from a usb

soloby

So I have a 32gb usb stick that I carry with me on my key chain so I can carry my music and stuff. As you guys know, windows is only like 3.4gb in size.

The question is, can I have anything other than the windows on the usb and still be able to use it as a boot drive?

Thanks guys!

You would probably need to create a new partition on it. However my attempts in the past resulted in failure...

Yes you can, but it will be fat32, don't know if you can have multiple partitions on a usb stick.

You shouldn't have any problem with personal stuff on a window install usb. Just be careful to remove it when starting other's computers if It's plugged in

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

This will work fine as I have done this in the past. I have a flash drive that I keep my Windows install files on and then I added all the files I need to set up a new computer. Drivers and software etc.Just make sure you put your files on after you have it set up to install Windows.