Windows 8.1

Cataclyst

Hey guys! So I recently upgraded my Win8 to Win8.1 this morning. After the installation,I noticed that there is a watermark at the lower right of my screen saying "Win 8.1 Pro SecureBoot isn't configured correctly Build 9600" So what I did was searched around the internet for solutions and it told me to go to my BIOS and enable Win8 Feature and Enable Secure Boot and set it on Standard...after that I rebooted my PC and the watermark is still there :/. Help please :(. My mother board ,btw, is an MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Hey guys! So I recently upgraded my Win8 to Win8.1 this morning. After the installation,I noticed that there is a watermark at the lower right of my screen saying "Win 8.1 Pro SecureBoot isn't configured correctly Build 9600" So what I did was searched around the internet for solutions and it told me to go to my BIOS and enable Win8 Feature and Enable Secure Boot and set it on Standard...after that I rebooted my PC and the watermark is still there :/. Help please :(. My mother board ,btw, is an MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming.

i have the same board in another system with 8.1 loaded give me a little bit to double check the bios config

i have the same board in another system with 8.1 loaded give me a little bit to double check the bios config

Alright! Thanks alot! :)))

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Alright! Thanks alot! :)))

i actually have windows 8 features disabled and just have msi fastboot enabled

i actually have windows 8 features disabled and just have msi fastboot enabled

And you don't have the watermark?

Spoiler

| CPU:

And you don't have the watermark?

nope.. no watermark at all, dont have it on my sig rig either

nope.. no watermark at all, dont have it on my sig rig either

alright ill try it again :(

Spoiler

| CPU:

alright ill try it again :(

yeah i seem to remember it showing up once then the next time in installed windows 8 it was gone even though settings didnt change so i have a feeling it might be a glitch

yeah i seem to remember it showing up once then the next time in installed windows 8 it was gone even though settings didnt change so i have a feeling it might be a glitch

You reinstalled?

Spoiler

| CPU:

You reinstalled?

i usually refresh once a month on all my systems and without settings changing at all the watermark will show up and disappear at random

i usually refresh once a month on all my systems and without settings changing at all the watermark will show up and disappear at random

What does Secureboot do? Alot of people says that when they enabled the Secureboot it disappeared and others say that they turned the secureboot on but it still not disappearing

Spoiler

| CPU:

What does Secureboot do? Alot of people says that when they enabled the Secureboot it disappeared and others say that they turned the secureboot on but it still not disappearing

secureboot is designed to protect you from low level malware and rootkits by blocking unsigned drivers and other such things from running that could infect your pc

Btw,I disabled mine but the watermark is still there :/

Spoiler

| CPU:

secureboot is designed to protect you from low level malware and rootkits by blocking unsigned drivers and other such things from running that could infect your pc

So i should leave it enabled?

Spoiler

| CPU:

i would try to, i think it may be a glitch in windows 8 because my bios settings on that system have never changed and that watermark will sometimes show up and sometimes not. ive had windows 8 since january and have seen it come and go from month to month when i refresh with another refresh coming in the next few days for all my rigs

i would try to, i think it may be a glitch in windows 8 because my bios settings on that system have never changed and that watermark will sometimes show up and sometimes not. ive had windows 8 since january and have seen it come and go from month to month when i refresh with another refresh coming in the next few days for all my rigs

How do you refresh? 

Spoiler

| CPU:

It said "getting things ready" "installing last few files" at least 3-4 times.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

It said "getting things ready" "installing last few files" at least 3-4 times.

What do you mean?

i reformat the drive the install windows 8 fresh

Ow...hm...i can't do that cuz I have no installer with me anymore :/

Spoiler

| CPU:

What do you mean?

Ow...hm...i can't do that cuz I have no installer with me anymore :/

i have a flash drive dedicated to installing windows 8  and all my cd keys stored safely away for each rig so thats why i do it once a month keeps the pc fast as  hell plus all my rigs have a dedicated ssd boot drive so the games stay intact

i have a flash drive dedicated to installing windows 8  and all my cd keys stored safely away for each rig so thats why i do it once a month keeps the pc fast as  hell plus all my rigs have a dedicated ssd boot drive so the games stay intact

So what should I do? I already enabled and disabled Secureboot and Win8 Configuration. Already set my BIOS back to defaut :(. Still none :(

Spoiler

| CPU:

So what should I do? I already enabled and disabled Secureboot and Win8 Configuration. Already set my BIOS back to defaut :(. Still none :(

well its possible that it is a bug like i think and that you may need to find a way to reinstall windows. either that or try and live with it as from what ive looked up it really seems like what you did should have fixed it and considering how it comes and goes for me then it really seems like a bug

well its possible that it is a bug like i think and that you may need to find a way to reinstall windows. either that or try and live with it as from what ive looked up it really seems like what you did should have fixed it and considering how it comes and goes for me then it really seems like a bug

My friend said i should update my BIOS....does that help? And how do I do that? :/

Spoiler

| CPU:

My friend said i should update my BIOS....does that help? And how do I do that? :/

i dont know of any bios updates for the g45 gaming edition at the moment however if you look up the m-flash utility online it should tell you how to update it if you even need an update

i dont know of any bios updates for the g45 gaming edition at the moment however if you look up the m-flash utility online it should tell you how to update it if you even need an update

I think I should just let it be.....hope an update comes out that will fix it :/

Spoiler

| CPU: