GPU upgrade

Wheeljack699

i have an AMD 5750 currently and i bought an Rx 460 what drivers should i install and should i install the gpu or drivers first? assuming i haven't updated the drivers from 4 years

and i have tried to  use the GPU but it didn't work at first it shows a glitched screen then the windows 10 loading screen and them i waited for 30mins nothing happened any suggestions?

here is my build in case you are wondering

i7 920 

AMD 5750hd

gigabyte x58 utradurable 3
and some random psu from gigabyte (doesn't say anything on it except gigabyte 

picture of pc

Spoiler

pcpcpcpcpc.jpg

horrible cable management BTW

16 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

i have an AMD 5750 currently and i bought an Rx 460 what drivers should i install and should i install the gpu or drivers first? assuming i haven't updated the drivers from 4 years

and i have tried to  use the GPU but it didn't work at first it shows a glitched screen then the windows 10 loading screen and them i waited for 30mins nothing happened any suggestions?

here is my build in case you are wondering

i7 920 

AMD 5750hd

gigabyte x58 utradurable 3
and some random psu from gigabyte (doesn't say anything on it except gigabyte 

picture of pc

Hide contents

pcpcpcpcpc.jpg

horrible cable management BTW

That cable management really isn't that bad. Other than the orange SATA cable and the SATA/Molex power at the front. And the fan.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

I think it just like the first time I tries nothing it won't work the fans do spin tho

32 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

It won't let me it stays on the windows 10 loading screen

What do you mean it wont let you? Did you put the old card back in and try ddu?

28 minutes ago, Notree said:

the old card works

28 minutes ago, Notree said:

but the new one doesnt

5 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

but the new one doesnt

Ok well if you've used ddu and the new card still wont work. Id say its doa. 

15 minutes ago, Notree said:

Ok well if you've used ddu and the new card still wont work. Id say its doa. 

DDU is not needed!

Just uninstall the current drivers through control panel,shut down,install new GPU,boot and install new drivers,as simple as that.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

DDU is not needed!

Just uninstall the current drivers through control panel,shut down,install new GPU,boot and install new drivers,as simple as that.

LOL Ok. Tell that to thousands of people who have issues installing new cards or drivers. Guess what fixes it ddu. Uninstalling through control panel can leave behind files.

7 minutes ago, Notree said:

LOL Ok. Tell that to thousands of people who have issues installing new cards or drivers. Guess what fixes it ddu. Uninstalling through control panel can leave behind files.

Been using AMD for years,built many systems and have never used DDU or any registry cleaner,nor does anyone I know.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

11 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

Been using AMD for years,built many systems and have never used DDU or any registry cleaner,nor does anyone I know.

Just cause you dont have any issues doesn't mean other people dont.  Maybe you don't know ddu is a very good program. That is recommended by many experts in the field when installing new gpus or drivers.

Just now, Notree said:

Just cause you dont have any issues doesn't mean other people dont.  Maybe you don't know ddu is a very good program. That is recommended by many experts in the field when installing new gpus or drivers.