New PC Takes Long Time to Connect to Ethernet on Startup :(

NathanSchmitz

Okay so my PC specs are down there! A few months ago i built it and it worked wonderfully! Super speedy not a problem, then one (dark and stormy) day i started it up and the audio driver took a bit longer them usual to pop up, then the internet LAN driver locked up on the little blue thinking circle for about 30 seconds. And microsoft security was off until the internet connected? Then it turned right on? I did a scan no viruses, i started it up with no internet cable connected, it still had to think for like 30 seconds, i re install the drivers and still :( brand new PC :( just randomly started happening

7 minutes ago, NathanSchmitz said:

Okay so my PC specs are down there! A few months ago i built it and it worked wonderfully! Super speedy not a problem, then one (dark and stormy) day i started it up and the audio driver took a bit longer them usual to pop up, then the internet LAN driver locked up on the little blue thinking circle for about 30 seconds. And microsoft security was off until the internet connected? Then it turned right on? I did a scan no viruses, i started it up with no internet cable connected, it still had to think for like 30 seconds, i re install the drivers and still :( brand new PC :( just randomly started happening

That started happening to me as well a couple of months ago (maybe more recently). I think it's just an issue with a windows 10 update. You can try reinstalling all drivers, or reinstalling windows. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I have windows 7, its very irritating isnt it? I tried googling it and cant reallt find anything

If you give your self a static IP, is it quicker? (no DHCP).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Uhh model number or? also my moms laptop connects right away and works great

2 minutes ago, NathanSchmitz said:

Uhh model number or? also my moms laptop connects right away and works great

Model number and ISP . ( its so i can tell you how to turn on a static IP)

Okay I found the fix randomly! In windows features i enabled Tablet PC Components and it fixed it! And also if that doesnt work both the XPS things need to be enabled