small group for game development

silverjay928

Hello guys i have decided and recently wanted to create a small somewhat easy game, but im just now learning and dont know much about unity and how to totally use it so im watching youtube tutorials and it looks like a lot for 1 person to do alone so i was wondering if anyone is interested in helping or wanting to start a group for making a small game and even more later on. just PM on here or leave a comment. and ill get to you
Also any name suggestions if we do start a team would be very nice.
thanks to @DisconnectedYT for recommending Unreal as i will look into that if anyone is intrested as well 

3 minutes ago, silverjay928 said:

Hello guys i have decided and recently wanted to create a small somewhat easy game, but im just now learning and dont know much about unity and how to totally use it so im watching youtube tutorials and it looks like a lot for 1 person to do alone so i was wondering if anyone is interested in helping or wanting to start a group for making a small game and even more later on. just PM on here or leave a comment. and ill get to you
Also any name suggestions if we do start a team would be very nice.

1) Unity 3D is very limited software... the best games made on it are Pokemon Go and maybe The Forest.

2) Unity 3D is good for beginners as it is easy to learn.

3) There are better option (like Unreal Engine 4) that you could use if your pc is up to the spec needed.

4) 1 person should be enough to make a game but a small group would help you alot :3

Thats what i think

23 minutes ago, silverjay928 said:

alright i am downloading Unreal right now thank you for the advice

27 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

1) Unity 3D is very limited software... the best games made on it are Pokemon Go and maybe The Forest.

2) Unity 3D is good for beginners as it is easy to learn.

3) There are better option (like Unreal Engine 4) that you could use if your pc is up to the spec needed.

4) 1 person should be enough to make a game but a small group would help you alot :3

Thats what i think

alright i am downloading Unreal right now thank you for the advice

2 hours ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Sorry but thats simply not true.

Kerbal Space Program, Cities Skylines, Rust, Hearthstone and a lot more great games are made with Unity3D.

Unity3D is as powerfull as is Unreal or the CrayEngine, maybe even more versatile than those, as they focus mainly on FPS sytle Games.

silverjay, as a tipp, think first about what you want to make, than look at the different options you have and than choose the tools that help you do those things best. Don't choose the tool/plattform first! 

4 minutes ago, Harker1993 said:

Sorry but thats simply not true.

Kerbal Space Program, Cities Skylines, Rust, Hearthstone and a lot more great games are made with Unity3D.

Unity3D is as powerfull as is Unreal or the CrayEngine, maybe even more versatile than those, as they focus mainly on FPS sytle Games.

silverjay, as a tipp, think first about what you want to make, than look at the different options you have and than choose the tools that help you do those things best. Don't choose the tool/plattform first! 

Now lets look at all those game...

KSP: Died 2 years ago and graphics are horrible

Cities Skylines: Gets used in CPU Benchmarks but doesnt look all that good

Rust: Not optimised even this far in development and premise of game is to smash people with a rock when u spawn :3

Hearthstone...... a board game basically?

Do you see any AAA games there.... Nope?

All very big games are made on engines like UE4, Frostbite, CryEngine and then some game are still made on older engines like Source and Source Gold

A looks like we got someone here who thinks graphics is everything :)

Sure you could do a AAA game with Unity, but with the manpower and budget you need to do one of those, you normally build your engine yourself as well, or at least heavily modify one to fit your needs.

Also, Cities is a AAA game for sure, as well as Hearthstone is. AAA is not defined by the graphics, but by the budget and the manpower that is used on the game.

KSP is dead? Wrong again, KSP is as alive as ever, with the next content patch just around the corner.

That Rust is still not optimized is true for sure, but it shows quite good how powerful Unitys renderer can be. If that's not enough, look at the demos Unity showed at their last Unite Confernce