Ubuntu 16.04.1 vs Windows XP

ColinW

Which OS?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS?

• Ubuntu 16.04.1
    • Windows XP

So, Ubuntu or windows XP? I have the XP already, so no purchase there. I'm thinking on going with the Ubuntu cause its newer, but I want to hear other people's opinion! The pc that I want to put it on meets all of the specs for both. Thanks.

XP is extremely old and not secure, definitely use linux instead.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

WIndows XP is no longer supported. 

Ubuntu is constantly upgrading and still growing. Unless Ubuntu's interface does not please you and you like more Windows look but that is bs

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

What even man? Driver support, security and compatibility is all shit on XP -- it isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore. Ubuntu is the clear winner, no contest here.

exactly what I was thinking

1 minute ago, ColinW said:

exactly what I was thinking

So why bother asking?

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

So why bother asking?

Just wondering what other people thought

You could also try linux mint

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

Elemnetary OS looks beautiful

37 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Elemnetary OS looks beautiful

I tried the Loki beta and they removed a lot of the functionality out of the box. I think Freya is better honestly in terms of UI and functionality, Loki is just wayyyy too simple.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz