4 Year Old Rig Update - Define R4 to 760T

ccaian

Just documenting my update of my old rig. Most of its parts I acquired in 2012, it was long overdue for an upgrade.

Here were my old specs:

i7-960 @ 3.8ghz

Gigabyte X58 UD3R

Noctua NHD14

AMD Sapphire 7970 OC

Cooler Master GX650w Bronze PSU

Fractal Design R4

After the new parts:

i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz

Asus Hero Maximus VI

Corsair H100i

Asus 980ti STIRIX OC

Corsair RM650i

Corsair 760T

JDvR3ux.jpg

The Original PC, built in 2012. Absolutely no colour coordination, brown Noctuas, blue motherboard and orange PSU. Messy to look at but at least it did its job well.

SjzFjFL.jpg

Beautiful sleeved cables done by someone I met online. He charged 60USD for the 24 pin mobo cable and the 2 x 8 pin PCIE cable. Worth every penny.

hdzZb4F.jpg

Pre-Upgrade Photos. I already installed the GPU and mobo out of eagerness unfortunately. 

c2poIgu.jpg

First Step. Thing was a pain to install.

WJqIZ5l.jpg  

Installed the H100i V2, 980ti and RM650i. Cool stuff. It looks like massive GPU sag, but really its just the way the card is designed.

xSnd0hX.jpg

Aaaaaand just like that. It's completed. Did not take long at all. Looks so much better than the R4 build. It was a lot of money spent on purely aesthetic parts; like the cables, PSU, CPU cooler and Case. The GX650 was fine, and D14 was actually better. But I just like how cleaned the RM650i and H100i V2 looks. The cables and case were relatively expensive totalling to over 250USD but hey it looks sick. Thanks for reading!

More pics ahead~

0YSTMgB.jpg

Y2kjBt1.jpg

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I bought my step-brother a 760T, awesome case and is pleasing to look at. He told me to go with a Blue and White version though. I gotta say that the Red and White works though.

1 minute ago, OsuMasterz said:

I bought my step-brother a 760T, awesome case and is pleasing to look at. He told me to go with a Blue and White version though. I gotta say that the Red and White works though.

Yeah the 760T is a looker. Was considering the 400c white but the full tower makes it look so much more spacious and clean.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Just now, ccaian said:

Yeah the 760T is a looker. Was considering the 400c white but the full tower makes it look so much more spacious and clean.

I was going to get the 400C for my PC, but the 460X is coming out which is a tempered glass version so im going to wait for that.