Need a suggestion on hdd guys.

pritish

I need a suggestion to purchase a 2TB hard drive for my laptop as a secondary hard disk using OBHD.

Currently I'm using HTE725050A7E630 as my primary hard disk

My laptop model Dell Inspiron 15 3521 (Service tag - 2S8SDW1)

I've chosen these : In between ST2000LM003 and ST2000LM007 Which hard drive would be best for me in terms of longevity and reliability.

Thanks in advance..9_9

43 minutes ago, pritish said:

-snip-

They're both made by Seagate, but the 007 version has a larger hard drive cache, I'd go for that one. Make sure you test the drive when you get it using Seatools (Long Generic Test) to make sure you don't have a dead on arrival drive (It happens).

Be careful with hard drives in laptops though, I've had to change a few laptops of my friends to SSDs because they shook the laptop or dropped it and it killed the factory hard drive...

7 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

They're both made by Seagate, but the 007 version has a larger hard drive cache, I'd go for that one. Make sure you test the drive when you get it using Seatools (Long Generic Test) to make sure you don't have a dead on arrival drive (It happens).

Be careful with hard drives in laptops though, I've had to change a few laptops of my friends to SSDs because they shook the laptop or dropped it and it killed the factory hard drive...

Thanks