Office 2016 activation with email

Canada EH

Is it wise to use a separate email for this, I started a new email just for this program.

I prefer to get a CD or DVD, but Billy Boy is a cheap skate, profit capitalist goof giving me a damn $100 piece of paper. Wasted a few hours of my time here.

Its all activated now, the Nigerian CSR didnt help much when MS locked down my email.

Now I wrote down the email properly, but somehow I kept messing up the password.

All this new age jazz about having capitals, symbols, numbers in the PW is bologny man.

The Office is a different PW then the rest in the "secure" column (like credit cards and banks, private-personal email. A different PW is for things like anonymous and junk email accounts, school, forums etc). I have different classes of PW's. In total about 3 or 4 I need to remember. Usernames I try to keep the same with forums, but banks and credit cards I have a system. 

Anyways now MS knows my cell number. I usually put in a bogus phone number, but I learned my lesson. Its for security reasons.

Anyway something popped up about waiting 30 days for the info to change. Now everytime I need to log in to this new email account to do whatever Billy Boy wants me to do, I need to get a code via my cell.

It just does not seem right. Even though I doubt Billy Boy cares anymore.

Should I log into that email account every now and then to keep it alive?

Can I change the email to a non Billy Boy email address?

Sounds like TwoFactor for the code, from what I've seen from Microsoft, I've had email accounts setup with them for close to 2 years and never touch them. As for the Office stuff, I've fully switched over to Google Docs since I paid quite a pretty penny for Office with Publisher and it deactivated and said my code was invalid and I ran into walls left n' right.

I also never had to sign up for anything when I activated it. Might have been my issue, might not have been. Could you clarify a little? 

This will be the last fucking thing I buy from Billy Boy, my last one was Office 2007 with a system built in 2008 a crappy AMD Athlon x2 5050e with DDR2. The new system is an i5-4570 from HP so now I bought the piece of paper for Office 2016 from Bestbuy which now activated I assume is now connected to the email account and I can freely uninstall, somehow MS confirms that, then install in a new system. Is that correct?

I did not realize I could uninstall the old Office 2007 from the AMD and install it on the new system. Would have saved me $100.

I actually like the older 2007 one better. And I think it works on W7.

Yeah, I stopped purchasing software from Microsoft after they wanted me to pay them for support because Windows Defender (that was disabled) was causing a bunch of issues with other software. Windows 8.1 Pro OEM was the last thing I ever purchased from them. Google replaces Office with no issue. You could reinstall the Office as much as you want, once your code reaches it's max usage, just call them and they'll swap it around. 

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

This will be the last fucking thing I buy from Billy Boy, my last one was Office 2007 with a system built in 2008 a crappy AMD Athlon x2 5050e with DDR2. The new system is an i5-4570 from HP so now I bought the piece of paper for Office 2016 from Bestbuy which now activated I assume is now connected to the email account and I can freely uninstall, somehow MS confirms that, then install in a new system. Is that correct?

I did not realize I could uninstall the old Office 2007 from the AMD and install it on the new system. Would have saved me $100.

I actually like the older 2007 one better. And I think it works on W7.

Yes, you can sign into http://office.com/ and reinstall your Office 2016 license onto another computer or OS instance with the same email/password.

All new Office products are online activation through "Billy Boy's" servers whether you like it or not - it's to combat piracy these days.

(Unless, of course, you're using a Volume License edition of Office through your Organization...)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

code, max usage?

Whats all this about?

Another hoop to jump through is it.

How does Google replace Office?

Yeah I guess they got my IP address, dont care. But my cell phone. Oh well, the new day in age huh.

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

code, max usage?

Whats all this about?

Another hoop to jump through is it.

How does Google replace Office?

Older Office keys (2003, 2007, and 2010 non-Click-2-Run versions) would activate approximately 3 times before you have to call their authorization centre and let them know you have that particular key installed on exactly 0 computers. ahem remember, you have it installed on exactly 0 computers. That's what you tell the automated robot. Otherwise it connects you to an agent and you have to go through explaining to them that you're just trying to reinstall it on ONE PC, which they won't understand and thus won't increase your key's activation limit.

For paying customers, this is yet another hoop to jump through, yes, but again was implemented to help combat piracy.

Google Docs can replace Office, depending on what features you need and how compatible you need your documents to be with your workplace.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Oh yeah, I tried to get the family to use Office online. I attempted to show them, one little hiccup and we were off to Bestbuy for Office 2016.

The hiccup? Yeah it was the password. I wrote it down as lower case but it was upper, part of the PW rules. Its frustrating cuz every site is different.