White Screen (of Death?) on Windows 7?

Hi everyone,

I have a real piece of work I'm working on.  It's a Toshiba Satellite C-850. Had to replace the the cracked screen and the RAM on it. 

Now on boot up, it's giving me a white screen and you can hear the operating system still working in the background (system sounds, the sound of Windows booting, etc).

Did I somehow install the screen wrong? There's only one cable you plug in for the screen so I don't think that's it. The RAM I just installed should be fine (8GB SO-DIMM).

Do you think the hard drive or operating system might be corrupted in some way? Maybe the video card is malfunctioning?

Thanks for any help in advance.

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

theres more than one cable, just one side is one plug, the other end of the "cable" is 2 seperate cables, one for the Picture, and the other for the Backlight, you need to reseat the plug for the picture

7 minutes ago, theanimun said:

theres more than one cable, just one side is one plug, the other end of the "cable" is 2 seperate cables, one for the Picture, and the other for the Backlight, you need to reseat the plug for the picture

Damn, really don't want to take it apart again but you're probably right that I just need to reseat it

Just FYI: 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC