Easier way of storing

Veelow

Hello all, I recently added a hdd to my pc. I was wondering is there an easier way to store files and such on this new drive. I ask this because I installed iTunes had it download and install to my d drive but then I downloaded a few songs and they created a folder under my c drive and downloaded there. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Veelow said:

Hello all, I recently added a hdd to my pc. I was wondering is there an easier way to store files and such on this new drive. I ask this because I installed iTunes had it download and install to my d drive but then I downloaded a few songs and they created a folder under my c drive and downloaded there. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

I think you just need to mess around in settings on iTunes. 

So I got that figured out on where my songs go but even then I will delete the folder from the c drive and downloaded some stuff then the folder is back lol

20 hours ago, Veelow said:

~snip~

Hey there Veelow :)

What drive did you get? 

As @Joelbanks5 pointed out, this is a setting in the application that is responsible for the download location. Even if you delete the data from the folder and the folder itself the application will create a new folder and continue storing data there. Check this KB for more info and let me know if you have any other questions :)

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

21 hours ago, Veelow said:

I can help you with this.

Grab the songs from the folder and move them to the desktop. Create the folder you want in the location you want, and copy the songs over. Go into Preferences in Edit(at the top), and navigate to Advanced. After doing that, uncheck "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" and change the folder to the one you want with the Change button and click OK. Go back to the folder and drag those three songs over to iTunes to "link" the songs to that area. Lastly, recheck the "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" and click OK again. You should be all set.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch