Nvidia Driver Won't Install

wowotek

Hi Guys, Recently I just bought MSI GTX1060 3GB Afterburner. I have Windows 10 64-Bit Pro not pirate version. After i tried to install the driver from the GeForce website, it said : this NVidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

any idea guys ? need help here

11 minutes ago, wowotek said:

Hi Guys, Recently I just bought MSI GTX1060 3GB Afterburner. I have Windows 64-Bit Pro not pirate version. After i tried to install the driver from the GeForce website, it said : this NVidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

any idea guys ? need help here

Windows WHAT 64-Pro?

10?

8.1?

7?

On the website it allows you to select your Series/Model of GPU/& OS for the download to start, did you do that correctly..?

I'd say try again.... http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

On the website it allows you to select your Series/Model of GPU/& OS for the download to start, did you do that correctly..?

I'd say try again....

yeah i tried that 3 times. even i tried with 32 bit version. still doesn't work, and also i tried using the CD included in the GPU box. still doesn't work. I've tried to troubleshoot this in the internet, and i found no clear answer. so i really bet you guys. 

1 minute ago, wowotek said:

yeah i tried that 3 times. even i tried with 32 bit version. still doesn't work, and also i tried using the CD included in the GPU box. still doesn't work. I've tried to troubleshoot this in the internet, and i found no clear answer. so i really bet you guys. 

What WINDOWS VERSION are you using?

or

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've mention it before. Windows 10 64bit version. no pirate

3 minutes ago, wowotek said:

I've mention it before. Windows 10 64bit version. no pirate

Your Post when you mentioned it... is missing the 10.

So yeah, no one knew.

FYI - We usually always think your Windows is legit..... unless you say something like "not pirated" and then we instantly do think that...

Well.. some people would...

3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Your Post when you mentioned it... is missing the 10.

So yeah, no one knew.

FYI - We usually always think your Windows is legit..... unless you say something like "not pirated" and then we instantly do think that...

Well.. some people would...

I know, but this is exceptional. i'm like WTF is wrong with my selection ? i'm truly aware that I choose Windows 10 64bit, GTX1060 Driver from the official website. and it's not working and the problem is the windows it self whilst I use legit windows, which is freakingly weird.

While annoying as hell...

Can it be installed in another machine? (Friends or whatever?)

If you have a spare drive laying around>, maybe do a reinstall of windows on that so you dont risk your current one..

And then retry.

6 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Just try MSI site then. See if you have different results...

just tried that, no good. And I also installed MSI Live Update.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

While annoying as hell...

Can it be installed in another machine? (Friends or whatever?)

Well I don't have any friends with PC around. but I think it's not the machine, it's the operating system.

Just now, Gonio said:

Can you (re)install any other driver (not GPU related) for your hardware?

Surprisingly yes, and I just reinstalled my windows. so it's fresh OS.

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Does the card show up in your device manager?

yes, I also tried to install the driver without the card, which is obviously create another message : NVidia could not detect any compatible device.

Ok guys, i found the problem. it is the Windows Version is not up to date. so i need an updated windows to download the newest Nvidia Driver. Case Closed