Best air cooling?

Letharas
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
1 minute ago, Letharas said:

I dont know that yet 

i do have the coolermaster nepton 140xl but idont know if that is good and fits on all cpu's

It's not, really, but it does fit just about anything within the right socket types (your CPU almost certainly is).

Air cooling doesn't get any better than the NH-D15. Right up there with it are the NH-D14, the Cryorig R1 (both variants), the beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 and the Phanteks TC14-PE (think I got that model number right). The next step down are the massive single-heatsink coolers like Noctua's 140mm, the Cryorig H5, the Thermalright Macho, etc. Then you get down to the smaller or slimmer coolers like the ubiquitous (and no longer worth buying) 212 EVO.

TL;DR, Noctua NH-D15 is the best of the best.

What is the best looking and best performancing air cooler?

for the intel i7 6700k 

Not sure what motherboard im going to take

Black white style

if you have a good budget, get the noctua dh-15 and get black and white fans for it. so it would total around 110 dollars usd with the cooler and fans. it can overclock to around 4.8 - just experiment with the voltage and multiplier

2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

if you have a good budget, get the noctua dh-15 and get black and white fans for it. so it would total around 110 dollars usd with the cooler and fans. it can overclock to around 4.8 - just experiment with the voltage and multiplier

Half the price of the dh-15 is just the fans might as well get a Cryorig R1 ultimate or a Dark Rock pro 3

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Or you could just get a Cryorig R1 Ultimate/Universal, same price, same cooling, looks a million times better and the universal doesn't effect RAM clearence

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Just now, The_Stig said:

Or you could just get a Cryorig R1 Ultimate/Universal, same price, same cooling, looks a million times better and the universal doesn't effect RAM clearence

What is the difference between the ultimate and universal

The best possible air cooling is Noctua NH-D15. As for the motherboard - get an Asus Z170-A It's a black/white style.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

4 minutes ago, Letharas said:

What is the difference between the ultimate and universal

The Ultimate has a full sized fan and is therefore a bit quieter/cooler but the universal doesn't effect RAM clearance because of its thin 140mm fan. The default color for the universal is white and the default color for the ultimate is black but that can be changed easily

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

17 minutes ago, Letharas said:

What is the best looking and best performancing air cooler?

for the intel i7 6700k 

Not sure what motherboard im going to take

Black white style

Here's an important question that no one's asking: what kind of case are you buying/do you have?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

47 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Here's an important question that no one's asking: what kind of case are you buying/do you have?

I dont know that yet 

i do have the coolermaster nepton 140xl but idont know if that is good and fits on all cpu's

1 minute ago, Letharas said:

I dont know that yet 

It's not, really, but it does fit just about anything within the right socket types (your CPU almost certainly is).

Air cooling doesn't get any better than the NH-D15. Right up there with it are the NH-D14, the Cryorig R1 (both variants), the beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 and the Phanteks TC14-PE (think I got that model number right). The next step down are the massive single-heatsink coolers like Noctua's 140mm, the Cryorig H5, the Thermalright Macho, etc. Then you get down to the smaller or slimmer coolers like the ubiquitous (and no longer worth buying) 212 EVO.

TL;DR, Noctua NH-D15 is the best of the best.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.