Need Help , I am going to start PC Gaming

I used to be a console gamer(Ps2 and Xbox360) , but now i am starting to shift towards PC Gaming and i need help from pros as i am not familiar with all this overcloaking , bottleneck , gpu , psu etc.

I have a old Desktop with following specs (Taken from Speccy):- 

core i5-2300 @2.80 GHz , 4 cores , 4 threads.

Asus Motherboard P8H67-M LE (LGA1155) , Version (Rev X.0x) . (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H67M_LE/)

4 GB RAM single channel DDR3 @665Mhz

Intel HD graphics 500 GB HDD , SATA-III 6.0 Gb/s

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Samsung Monitor Resolution 1366x768 pixels

PSU 600W CoolerMaster

I want to upgrade it so that it can play modern games ( specially Gta V and Hitman 2016, and upcoming games like Mafia 3 etc) on at least medium settings , but i can also manage at low settings.Visual appearance doesn't matter for me much, but the game itself should be playable.

Which Graphic Card should i buy ? My Budget limit for Graphic Card is $100-200, and i don't want to upgrade Ram or Install SSD or rebuilt an entire PC because i am going to buy a new laptop Razer Blade Stealth (New one $999, 128GB SSD). I am not going to stay at home for a while , so i only want to upgrade this old Desktop with a Graphics Card , or if possible Graphics Card+Ram but the Budget is under $200.

Edited: My Desktop PC specs by using Cpu-z (http://valid.x86.fr/hlcupz).

PS if possible can someone tell me if Razer Blade Stealth is upgradeable or not for future ? like $999 model has 8GB ram and only 128 GB SSD , so if i buy this model but later on can i upgrade the Ram and SSD to 16 GB and 256/512 GB respectively? 

Razer model with specs 16GB Ram and 256GB SSD is way over my laptop budget limit which is $1000 , and i need a laptop that is also upgradeable in future altough i can rely on this $999 model too but i don't think such specs will handle much in future if i happen to buy a Razer core and GTX 1060. 

Please Answer these two questions.

4GB RAM is not going to be enough, buy another 4GB for a total of 8GB. As for the graphics card a GTX 750 Ti is going to serve you very well on that resolution, you could even do high settings with it.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

As said above, 4gb ram isn't going to serve well. Look into getting another 4gb stick. Also, look into getting a 750ti/rx 460 for that resolution.

Nothing.

Yeah the previous method mentioned by the other 2 are the best solution for upgrading your desktop without completely remodeling it. Besides if you really need to play a graphic smashing game, you're blade should do the trick.

Thanks for replying , i think i can manage another 4Gb Ram along-with Nvidia 750 ti. 

I have a follow up question on this Graphic Card , I am looking forward to playing 2016 to at least 2018 titles so when is the time my cpu or motherboard becomes old keeping in mind that i have no intention of gaming at 4k or something , and i just want playable frame-rates (even at low-settings)? and does 750 ti generate a lot of heat ? 

My purpose of asking this question is that last night i tried to check my current PC specs (+ Nvidia 1060 , 8gb ram / just for future proof testing) on game-debate.com and also on canyourunit.com  but it's showing that i need to upgrade my CPU i.e to at least Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz  (for Mafia III). 

A 750 ti doesn't necessarily generate a lot of heat at idle unless you're going for overclocking. And as for CPU i think you should be solid for 3 years or more cause i know a guy who is still rocking you're same CPU and playing the newest games(at low graphics) besides Intel may have released there new amazing CPU but remember not everyone will be able to afford it. For example i'm playing games on as Asus A550LD laptop and it's still working for me

28 minutes ago, ZenSra said:

Thanks for replying , i think i can manage another 4Gb Ram along-with Nvidia 750 ti. 

I have a follow up question on this Graphic Card , I am looking forward to playing 2016 to at least 2018 titles so when is the time my cpu or motherboard becomes old keeping in mind that i have no intention of gaming at 4k or something , and i just want playable frame-rates (even at low-settings)? and does 750 ti generate a lot of heat ? 

My purpose of asking this question is that last night i tried to check my current PC specs (+ Nvidia 1060 , 8gb ram / just for future proof testing) on game-debate.com and also on canyourunit.com  but it's showing that i need to upgrade my CPU i.e to at least Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz  (for Mafia III). 

your i5 should be fine up to a gtx 1060/rx 480 before it starts to bottleneck, should last you 2-3 years more. the gtx 750ti barely releases heat, there's even a passively cooled model made by palit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W