CPU water block pump hybrid for Socket 1151?

Con

I'm looking to make a custom case that's very small, and it would greatly help organise some of the tubes if the CPU water block was also a pump, I know such things exist in some custom water loops.

This is for the MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT. Ideally I need the block/pump unit to be about 5cm tall with 90 degree fittings, but I could increase the head room to a little over 7cm if need be.

Any help is much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Con said:

I'm looking to make a custom case that's very small, and it would greatly help organise some of the tubes if the CPU water block was also a pump, I know such things exist in some custom water loops.

This is for the MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT. Ideally I need the block/pump unit to be about 5cm tall with 90 degree fittings, but I could increase the head room to a little over 7cm if need be.

Any help is much appreciated.

let me see

The Rajintek Triton springs to mind as that has the cpu block, res and pump all in a single unit. The website says the pump is 56mm high but I'm not sure if that includes the fittings that come with the unit or not.

When I water cooled a small case, I ended up sourcing a a pretty small pump that was about 40x40x65mm and then making my own very, very small res so I could fill the loop.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

1 minute ago, SonoDanshi said:

The Rajintek Triton springs to mind as that has the cpu block, res and pump all in a single unit. The website says the pump is 56mm high but I'm not sure if that includes the fittings that come with the unit or not.

When I water cooled a small case, I ended up sourcing a a pretty small pump that was about 40x40x65mm and then making my own very, very small res so I could fill the loop.

I'm not going to use a reservoir. It will be filled from a vertical tube and shaken until all the bubbles are gone, and then the pipe will be disconnected by one of those quick release valves.

2 minutes ago, Con said:

I'm not going to use a reservoir. It will be filled from a vertical tube and shaken until all the bubbles are gone, and then the pipe will be disconnected by one of those quick release valves.

If you don't need a res then maybe the swiftech apogee drive II would work as it has the G1/4 fittings off to either side and below the top of the pump.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

41 minutes ago, asapansh said:

That's what I'm talking about, very nice.

The motherboard stands off the bottom by 8mm (obviously) then I add 2mm to the thickness of the board, and then I'll have 55mm added to that, so that leaves me with 15mm at the top for 90 degree fittings... I really hope that fits, but potentially I can lower where the motherboard sits, either by shortening the standoffs or making a lower platform for it, the 4 feet on the case are 8mm so I have that space to work with also.

I wanted to keep the 20mm under the standoffs clear for cabling, but it's a closed case so it's not really for displaying anyway. I'll consider this pump block. Thanks.

Edit: Well, what would you know. I found an 18.5mm G1/4 90 turn. Now I just need to shave 3.5mm off where the motherboard size 8mm standoffs clear from the case bottom... some how. Perhaps if the motherboard screw holes could be depressed by 4mm and a plastic cover under the motherboard so if the case under it ever dented by 4mm it wouldn't short anything out.

Just now, Con said:

That's what I'm talking about, very nice.

The motherboard stands off the bottom by 8mm (obviously) then I add 2mm to the thickness of the board, and then I'll have 55mm added to that, so that leaves me with 15mm at the top for 90 degree fittings... I really hope that fits, but potentially I can lower where the motherboard sits, either by shortening the standoffs or making a lower platform for it, the 4 feet on the case at 8mm so I have that space to work with also.

I wanted to keep the 20mm under the standoffs clear for cabling, but it's a closed case so it's not really for displaying anyway. I'll consider this pump block. Thanks.

no problem hope to see your build soon