cpu overclocking help

so i am doing a super budget build and it includes a celeron 420 1.6 ghz single core cpu and a foxconn 9u g33mo2 motherboard. Is there any way i can overclock the cpu in linux mint or in the bios? 

It's a locked CPU, so no. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

It's a locked CPU, so no. 

people overclock non k cpu's. there are tutorials on it

Just now, Legolessed said:

people overclock non k cpu's. there are tutorials on it

They overclock the bus, which could result in system instability because it also controls varying aspects of the system, including PCIe, SATA, memory, etc. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

They overclock the bus, which could result in system instability because it also controls varying aspects of the system, including PCIe, SATA, memory, etc. 

ok. can i overclock my gigabyte gt 420? im on linux mint so i couldnt download any of the gigabyte software for it

Just now, Legolessed said:

ok. can i overclock my gt 420? im on linux mint so i couldnt download any of the gigabyte software for it

Technically, yes, but it depends on current temperatures. I'm also not sure what overclocking software is available for Linux. The GPU cannot be overclocked in the BIOS.

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Technically, yes, but it depends on current temperatures. I'm also not sure what overclocking software is available for Linux. The GPU cannot be overclocked in the BIOS.

the fan barely turns on on the gpu. its stays very cold. this work?https://mintguide.org/system/445-overclocking-the-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-mint.html

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

the fan barely turns on on the gpu. its stays very cold. this work?https://mintguide.org/system/445-overclocking-the-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-mint.html

I'm not convinced that the GPU is cool because the fan is quiet. It's a fan profile. 

You can try using the linked method above. I have no experience with overclocking GPUs on Linux.