Laptop bios flashing

my buddy just got a great deal on a newer acer aspire v17 nitro black edition. only problem with the laptop is the bios is stuck in legacy model and wont boot from anything if i put it into uefi mode. im hoping a bios flash will fix this problem but idk how to do a bios flash.

all help would be greatly appreciated 

1.) Download new BIOS from manufacturer website.

2.) Get USB stick and format it to FAT32

3.) Copy the BIOS file on the USB stick

4.) Go to BIOS and select flash/update from USB

5.) Make sure you wont lose power/restart/trun off the laptop when BIOS is updating otherwise you are screwed

6.) Cross your fingers that it will go smoothly

17 minutes ago, WereCat said:

1.) Download new BIOS from manufacturer website.

2.) Get USB stick and format it to FAT32

3.) Copy the BIOS file on the USB stick

4.) Go to BIOS and select flash/update from USB

5.) Make sure you wont lose power/restart/trun off the laptop when BIOS is updating otherwise you are screwed

6.) Cross your fingers that it will go smoothly

the file i get from acers site is an exe file, do i put that on the usb? or can i just run it from within the OS like a normal program?

7 minutes ago, Andrew Storlie said:

the file i get from acers site is an exe file, do i put that on the usb? or can i just run it from within the OS like a normal program?

If it is an .exe file, then you just run it from Windows. It is made this way to make it it easier for people, who are not necessarily experts in PC stuff, which most of the laptop users are. 

PS: There are usually detailed instructions on how to update a laptop's BIOS on the manufacturer's website so it might be a good idea to check that out. They usually require at least 80% battery or to be charging. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, Analog said:

If it is an .exe file, then you just run it from Windows. It is made this way to make it it easier for people, who are not necessarily experts in PC stuff, which most of the laptop users are. 

im great with pcs but ive only done bio flashing on my msi x99 board so i didnt know if it was anything different as i could only find the exe file, well ill give it a try and see how it goes