Planning Help required

Hey everyone :)

So I'm planning to build a new rig and coming week will be the first opportunity for me to actually buy parts. However I'm a bit in a twist, because I'm not sure what to do. The plan originally is to buy for a certain amount of cash PC parts, until December because that's when I'm planning to finish it all. My plan for the first month was to buy a case and a mobo (because I just can plug parts into the mobo and literally build it up). However with kaby lake coming up, in worried that I will miss out on things. Is it worth it to wait for kaby lake mobos or is skylake also good enough? I'm a bit upset because Intel claimed that kaby lake can do 4k streams while skylake can only do 1080p streams :( thanks for helping me out in advance :) also, is it worth it to wait for the ti versions of the 1070/1080? I mainly play games like tf2, overwatch, but I also enjoy a good single player game from time to time. Planning to get a 4k screen, unless ultrawide is really a lot better. Oh, and I don't like games like bf or cod if that helps anything :) thanks for responding and reading :)

kaby lake uses same socket as skylake

Just now, McPatsy said:

Hey everyone :)

So I'm planning to build a new rig and coming week will be the first opportunity for me to actually buy parts. However I'm a bit in a twist, because I'm not sure what to do. The plan originally is to buy for a certain amount of cash PC parts, until December because that's when I'm planning to finish it all. My plan for the first month was to buy a case and a mobo (because I just can plug parts into the mobo and literally build it up). However with kaby lake coming up, in worried that I will miss out on things. Is it worth it to wait for kaby lake mobos or is skylake also good enough? I'm a bit upset because Intel claimed that kaby lake can do 4k streams while skylake can only do 1080p streams :( thanks for helping me out in advance :) also, is it worth it to wait for the ti versions of the 1070/1080? I mainly play games like tf2, overwatch, but I also enjoy a good single player game from time to time. Planning to get a 4k screen, unless ultrawide is really a lot better. Oh, and I don't like games like bf or cod if that helps anything :) thanks for responding and reading :)

if you play tf2 and overwatch just use the IGPU lol. There will be a very little change probably with the new intel chip. You will get a few more percent powe and bragging rights, but that is it. and just get the gpu now  

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

5 minutes ago, heyitswither said:

What's your budget? I'd say just stick with sky lake if it's fairly mid. Kaby lake will definitely be worth it if you can wait and have the extra budget, because it will be more expensive. And same with the gpu, although with those titles you could probably opt for something cheaper like the 1060.

My budget is hard to pin down because it is spread out over multiple months, but I'm planning to spend around 1300-1400€

Edit: for the PC alone, that is

7 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

if you play tf2 and overwatch just use the IGPU lol. There will be a very little change probably with the new intel chip. You will get a few more percent powe and bragging rights, but that is it. and just get the gpu now  

Excuse me, but what is the igpu?

6 minutes ago, McPatsy said:

Excuse me, but what is the igpu?

it is the integrated GPU in the cpu. Also a i5 or i7 sky lake will have more power then you need to play the games, so why wait.  

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Alright, thanks everyone for replying :) based off earlier reactions, I also could get a skylake mobo and put a kaby lake processor in it in case it turns out that they would be absolutely perfect? To be honest, as long as I can edit my videos, and I can play games quite smoothly, I'm more then content. I'm not really a streamer (yet) so i think that skylake might be good enough. I just hope that missing the 4k streaming thing of the kaby lake won't hurt me in the long run.