CPU Usage 100% HELP

Alexizuuu

Hello, lately I have been running into some kind of problems with CPU usage, my CPU in the task bar jumps to 100% after some hours of computer usage.

The reason for this might be because in the past I used to have my i5-3570k overclocked to 4.9, it was not me that did it, it was friend, but he assured that it would work, and it did... for sometime... Now I have a radiator (H100i if not mistaken) doing nothing or even worse, broken.

What can I do to troubleshot this? I have tried lowering the clock speed and everything to default, clean the computer many times, applied new thermal paste, format my computer, saw if it was a virus or malware...

I really don't know what to do, if someone could help me it would be awesome, I fear that my CPU is close to death and I currently don't have money to buy a new one.

Thank you and sorry for any mistakes in my English.

4u8xa.png

97t9v.png

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

did you open task manager and see what program is consuming cpu time? 

Yhap just added the images, it is random, sometimes are games, sometimes it's even google chrome.

And with a game as Rocket League is a bit problematic that is reaching 70 degrees, in some more performance hungry ones I was pulling 80

2 minutes ago, Alexizuuu said:

Yhap just added the images, it is random, sometimes are games, sometimes it's even google chrome

I had a problem similar like this a while ago. Whenever I would I open up a game my cpu would max out. I couldn't find any program causing a cpu leak. It turned out I wasn't using my gpu at and I was only using my processor. I couldn't disable igpu because only my rx480 was showing up in device manager. The only solution that worked was to fresh install windows.

This might help:

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

2 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

I had a problem similar like this a while ago. Whenever I would I open up a game my cpu would max out. I couldn't find any program causing a cpu leak. It turned out I wasn't using my gpu at and I was only using my processor. I couldn't disable igpu because only my rx480 was showing up in device manager. The only solution that worked was to fresh install windows.

This might help:

I freshed installed windows in about a month or two, it kinda solved my problem, but it has appeared again :/

1 hour ago, Alexizuuu said:

Yhap just added the images, it is random, sometimes are games, sometimes it's even google chrome.

And with a game as Rocket League is a bit problematic that is reaching 70 degrees, in some more performance hungry ones I was pulling 80

70C is fine, 90C is when the cpu will overheat, and thermal throttle. Cpu usage is independent of the cpu temp, but drop the voltage on the cpu that temp is too high when it has a 240mm rad on it, you will most likely not notice a difference it is dropped down to 4.5Ghz.

An i5 3570k is not a slow cpu especially at 4.9GHz, and is still comperable to an i5 6600k if not better at those speeds.

Bloatware and background programs are most likely the issue like the corsair software using 3.5%, and another corsair program using 1.9%, and skpe open as well. Usually when browsers use cpu usage it may be the antivirus, especially for downloads.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

70C is fine, 90C is when the cpu will overheat, and thermal throttle. Cpu usage is independent of the cpu temp, but drop the voltage on the cpu that temp is too high when it has a 240mm rad on it, you will most likely not notice a difference it is dropped down to 4.5Ghz.

An i5 3570k is not a slow cpu especially at 4.9GHz, and is still comperable to an i5 6600k if not better at those speeds.

Bloatware and background programs are most likely the issue like the corsair software using 3.5%, and another corsair program using 1.9%, and skpe open as well. Usually when browsers use cpu usage it may be the antivirus, especially for downloads.

Okok, will try lowering the voltage then. Tks ^^

Also, to be fair, most recent games will use 4 cores in a processor, so to see your i5 being used at damn near 100% while in games, is NOT strange.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

may be ur friend oveeclocked too much which accelerated cpu ageing 

longtime high voltage may damage cpu significantly 

i7 4790k & gtx980ti