RAM Error - 2x4GB of G.Skill DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 in HP

Canada EH

I am getting an error when I install the ram. Beeps once.

G.Skill states CL9-9-9-24 1.5V

I check out BIOS and I dont see anything to do with RAM, I put back in 1x4GB Samsung and its working fine of course.

I tired both G.Skill in white and got the error.

I tried both G.Skill in black and got the error.

The picture is of the Samsung RAM.

Ram1.jpg

From HP spec sheet " 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM; (4) DIMM slots enabling up to 32GB, dual channel memory support25"

why is the Samsung ram running so slow? I figured it would be at least 1333mhz. 

Have you tried only running the gskill ram??

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Its just 4GB of ram that came with the computer.

So I am upgrading to 2x4GB of G.Skill RAM.

From front of computer its black slot, with 5cm of space, then a white slot then 15cm of space, black then white with not gap.

I will try one G.Skill in black and next to that slot, another G.Skill in the white slot.

The computer is HP EliteDesk 800 G1, motherboard is HP brand. I got the SFF case.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscover2013/HPEliteDesk800_datasheet.pdf

1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM; (4)
DIMM slots enabling up to
32GB, dual channel memory
support

PC3-14900 (1866 MHz)

PC3-12800 (1600 MHz) <---- I bought the correct one, maybe the timings/latencies are off so maybe cant mix to get 12GB. 8GB is fine for me.

PC3-10666 (1333 MHz)

PC3-10600 (1333 MHz)

1 stick of G.Skill 4GB works in the 1st slot. Here is a screen shot. I will try a second stick in same color slot.

1 stick of G.Skill in 1st slot.jpg

I will install the ram and see if its a long or short beep. I'd say it was one...... short beep.

This was the message I'd get with the beep.

IMG_0135[1].JPG

I pressed F1 (Never did that before) with 2 sticks in. And it booted to O/S.

Just a n00bie mistake. I heard a beep and I thought I did something wrong, I panicked. I thought I had to go into BIOS or something. But what I thought was an error is just a warning. I didnt see the F1 at the bottom right.

Gotta a question though, with the green light next to the 1st ram slot at the front of the case. Should I unplug the power cable to the computer and wait for that light to turn off?

I will throw in the stock ram stick and see.

IMG_0138[1].JPG

2 dimm slots ram.jpg

Yeah OK 3 sticks work. I will get a picture of the Samsung sticker on the stick.

But here is the CPU-Z screen shot.

3 sticks of ram.jpg

Samsung stock RAM between the 2 red G.Skill ram. Does it matter if the reds are in 2 white slots or 2 black slots, or where the 3rd Samsung RAM is placed....... for optimal performance?

IMG_0140[1].JPG