counter strike?

deadaccount69

Hi all. Could you tell me what counter strike is all about? it seems to me it is a multiplayer version of half life? does it have the same story line, and have the same weapons and such?is there no single player mode? also, whats the difference between cs and cs source? is it the same story with hl and hl source? are they the same with slightly improved graphics/physics?

you don't know counter strike? it's like you don't know who you are!!!!it's an action game! best when played multiplayer.there is single player mode also!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

were u living under a rock ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

It's shocking how there are people who haven't heard of counterstrike... 

Anyways, there isn't much storyline. In Layman's terms, counterstrike pits a team of counterterrorists against terrorists in a variety of game modes ranging from deathmatch, gungame, search-and-destroy, etc. Multiplayer pits live players against one another whereas single player pits the player against BOTS. The main difference between different versions of the game is the variation of engine they run on. The 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

i have heard of it and know it is a very popular multiplayer fps, but i just want some background before I buy. i have never played it before. so... its just the multiplayer of half life?

i have heard of it and know it is a very popular multiplayer fps, but i just want some background before I buy. i have never played it before. so... its just the multiplayer of half life?

no .. same engine, totally different game

CS is one of those FPS were you still need skill and a little bit of teamwork, not only endless spaming and running like those 'great' games like Battlefield or CoD ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

depends on what version u buy

but u can always try the free non steam version !

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

no half life had a multi player called half life deathmatch. cs started as a mod to half life that was bought by valve. there is no story it is just 2 teams trying to kill each other with a few things added in from time to time. some maps have hostages that need to be rescued others have bombs that can be planted/defused.

depends on what version u buy

but u can always try the free non steam version !

would the "free non steam version" happen to be legal?

Counter-Strike - The most widely played game variant is called "Defuse Mission" where two teams are pitted against each other. One of which team is called "Counter-Terrorist" which has to beat the other team called the "Terrorist." The main objective as a "Counter-Terrorist" (In Defuse Mission) is to defend bomb plant sites (A and B.), Prevent from the "Terrorist" from planting the bomb, killing the "Terrorist" and/or to defuse the bomb to win (The bomb has to be planted my the Terrorist team first)

The difference between CS 1.6, CS Source and CS:GO is really not much but large enough to make an improvement and enough to make it worth it. All three CS games are still highly active and played. The only major difference between all of them is the graphics. Game mechanics are still the same. Although. CS:GO is more balanced and "refreshed" from the previous CS games plus numerous new weapons.

Counter-Strike is a game where skills and strategies are needed and are not similar to games such as COD or BF. Counter-Strike is a highly recommended game with lots of hours of fun and learning. Competitive matches and ranks are offered in the CS:GO version, which is recommended.       

You aren't a gamer. WHERE WERE YOU ALL THIS TIME?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i am a gamer. i have heard of it. however, until recently i pretty much have only bought games from basket specials. i have not seen cs in a retail store before. therefore i did not care about it. only recently i got into steam game buying, as i do not have a credit card and have to buy things through other peoples cards and paying them back(effectively paying them to gift me things.) also, we only have a 1mbit connection( 105kb/s in practise) making downloading a painful process(2 days per game, depending obviously on size.)

i am a gamer. i have heard of it. however, until recently i pretty much have only bought games from basket specials. i have not seen cs in a retail store before. therefore i did not care about it. only recently i got into steam game buying, as i do not have a credit card and have to buy things through other peoples cards and paying them back(effectively paying them to gift me things.) also, we only have a 1mbit connection( 105kb/s in practise)

i bought cs at bestbuy in 1999/2000 so it was there before but i have not bought software in a store in some time

Does anyone still play 1.6? I spent a ton of time on source. Been playing GO for a long time now, it's good.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cjrp23lBSM

This video pretty much sums it up :P

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

thats cs to you but i play surf so this is cs to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PM2KvDwsw not me just a guy i have played with for a few years

how on earth ahve I not heard of this before..THIS LOOKS AWESOME :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

would the "free non steam version" happen to be legal?

no but u can still try counter strike 2d which is free !

http://www.cs2d.com/

• 2 weeks later...

it's amazing that I was searching through the forum to see who might be playing cs: global offensive, and saw this affronting question, that I felt I had to pit in my own answer. the most well known versions of counter strike right now, would be 1.6, source and global offensive. Each version is an update in engine and new features, and no it is not half life. There aren't really such things as multiplayer/ single player in counter strike because the whole objective of the game is to play against enemies. If you consider bots as single player, then so be it. In global offensive the set up is, casual and competitive. Competitive is limited to a 5 v 5 match, best of 30. whereas casual is limited to around 13 v 13, best of 15. If you have played any sort of fps game before, then i would say counter strike made the genre popular. Dust 2 is one of the most popular maps in fps games. You can see copies of it in other games such as Sudden Attack or Mission against Terror,

• 2 weeks later...

lost my 5 dig acct to a pshisher in 2006 :( sad life. I dont miss the days when steam had no security features

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro