Slow USB type-C charger?

Zacharygoo

I've been looking for a charger for my new phone that I'd feel comfortable using while I sleep so that it charges slowly and stays cool.  It's USB type-C and all I can find are turbo chargers, which I already have, but i don't like to use due to the unnecessary heat that it produces. 

I have a nexus 6p and I had the same problem, along with the standard cable being short at around 2-3ft. (USB c to c) But to solve this I got an anker USB c for the phone end and a normal USB a that I plug into a normal camera, phone tablet device wall socket. This slowly charges the phone and instead of it being around 40mins 0 to 100% it takes easily 3hrs I'd say maybe less if it's not being used or if off totally.

See if you can find a wall adapter which uses the same voltage as the wall adapter that came with your phone (usually 5V), but with less amps. Since you're looking to charge your phone slowly overnight, I'm guessing you'll want something around 1A.

If you have any wall adapters from older phones, that might be a good place to look first.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

use a usb A to usb-c cable and charge with that. due to how usb-c compliance works with the 6p it won't charge quickly. however it won't prompt a "Charge Slowly" notice - that's dependent on how many amps the wall wart can deliver. 

7 minutes ago, failblox said:

See if you can find a wall adapter which uses the same voltage as the wall adapter that came with your phone (usually 5V), but with less amps. Since you're looking to charge your phone slowly overnight, I'm guessing you'll want something around 1A.

If you have any wall adapters from older phones, that might be a good place to look first.

I just find old calculator wall adapter that is 5V 1A. Thanks for the help

34 minutes ago, Zacharygoo said:

I just find old calculator wall adapter that is 5V 1A. Thanks for the help

You could also plug the USB-C table into an USB port on your computer. USB 2.0 is only designed to 0.5A at 5V to a single device, and 0.9A at 5V for USB 3.0, so that could work too.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick