Upgrading my old PC

Sunglasses

Hi there,

In the recent times my PC started to no longer cope with the new games and considering he is about 7 years old its understandable he needs an upgrade.

Unfortunately I dont have much knowledge when it comes to building a PC since I didnt build the one im owning right now myself. 

So I spent the last few days researching and trying to figure out where i can start and what I need to know.

I set myself a budget for about 600 € which is about 700 $ 

I mostly use my PC for 1080p gaming since my monitor doesnt support higher yet, but i plan on upgrading my monitor aswell sometime in the future when i have more money :D

Right now I have in my PC:

CPU I7 950 

GPU AMD Radeon 5800 HD

Motherboard ASUS P6X58D Premium

SSD Kingston SKC 512 G

Memory 2*Corsair XMS 3 8GB

Power Source Be Quiet 700 W 

I didnt include my Harddrive or my case in this list as I wasnt planning on changing those anyways.

I got the SSD earlier this year as it was a great bargain when i bought it and I had to buy a new powersupply a few years back cause the old one broke.

First of all i thought about upgrading my GPu and my CPU which ofc comes with a motherboard upgrade aswell.

This is what i came up with after some research: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/txDcqk 

I friend of mine also told me that it is probably worth upgrading my memory aswell, considering DDR4, but i never ran into big memory problems, hence I am not sure.

Is there anything i could save money on or even something I shuoud rather spend more on so i dont have to upgrade in the next 1 or 3 years or so

Thanks for the help

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory thats another 70 $