Is this good - 28Mbps down 3Mbps up - for cable internet?

Canada EH

Just watched nerdgasm youtuber, he got 15 and 2, installed a combiner and got 25 and 4.

When I did the test I had nerdgasm vid running, and 40 webpages open, plus world of tanks on but waiting for a game, not in game.

Well thats entirely dependent on what speeds you are paying to receive from the ISP.

As a general question, yeah, 28/3 is enough for most people. can stream 1080p video, play games, and download them reasonably fast.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Just watched nerdgasm youtuber, he got 15 and 2, installed a combiner and got 25 and 4.

When I did the test I had nerdgasm vid running, and 40 webpages open, plus world of tanks on but waiting for a game, not in game.

That's not too bad.  Of course there are much faster connections, but that's far from bad.

I have to look and see what plan we got.

I plan to do some heavy heavy downloading since the old AMD PC is decommissioned.

I had an old laptop with like a TB of crap on it (music and movies) but it was lost when the truck got stolen last year.

So how many people have more then one internet connection?

That nerdgasm guy seemed to have 2, just like Linus' home.

I might give this a whirl, 1GB for free.

http://speedify.com/pricing/

or buy whatever nerdgasm guy bought.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

So how many people have more then one internet connection?

That nerdgasm guy seemed to have 2, just like Linus' home.

Linus just did something similar by bonding two separate cable internet connections into one usable, but faster connection.  Apparently it worked out really well for him.  Costly, but a great solution for those who do not have access to fiber.

Yup, I watched that. Its adding hundreds extra to his bills. But that stud is loaded with cash.

Just look at his wheels.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yup, I watched that. Its adding hundreds extra to his bills. But that stud is loaded with cash.

Just look at his wheels.

Is your current provision the fastest package that your cable provider offers?  You'd always be better off with one single larger provision than multiple smaller ones.