Cpu-motherboard help

Muzzy2002

I am about to place the cpu in the motherboard and I don't know if I have to press down or what I'm shit scared because this is my first build and costed quite a lot please help someone

3 minutes ago, Muzzy2002 said:

I am about to place the cpu in the motherboard and I don't know if I have to press down or what I'm shit scared because this is my first build and costed quite a lot please help someone

DONT PRESS DOWN, JUST DONT YOU WILL DAMAGE THE SOCKET OR CONTACTS IF YOU DO, JUST LIGHTLY PLACE IT IN WITH THE ARROW POINTING DOWN TO THE LEFT SIDE

You don't need to press down. Just set it in and move the latch. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

DONT PRESS DOWN, JUST DONT YOU WILL DAMAGE THE SOCKET OR CONTACTS IF YOU DO, JUST LIGHTLY PLACE IT IN WITH THE ARROW POINTING DOWN TO THE LEFT SIDE

Ok thanks so I just place basically lower really carefully?

EDIT: The socket cover is removed differently one newer CPUs FYI, just remove it in whatever way efter you've opened the socket. You're also supposed to LINE UP THE TRIANGLES ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD AND CPU.

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

yeah don't worry to much about the pressure needed to close the latch, it's normal

4 minutes ago, Thorimus said:

3 minutes ago, kiritoblank said:

yeah don't worry to much about the pressure needed to close the latch, it's normal

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

You don't need to press down. Just set it in and move the latch. 

5 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Thanks to you all I think I successfully did it :/

6 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

10/10 best way to scare a first time builder :D

CPU: R5 3600 @ 4.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super