what is the best air CPU cooler?

Cyber_Snipa831

I've never done liquid cooling before so I'm going to stick with air for now. What cooler do you recommend Noctua NH-D14 or Cooler master hyper 212?

The best air cooler would be either the Phankteks PC-TC14PE, Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme Edition, or the Noctua NH-D14.

As for what cooler I would recommend, it depends on what your needs are. If you're on a tighter budget or aren't overclocking too much (or even at all) then definitely the Hyper 212 as it's one of the best price to performance coolers. If you're an extreme overclocker, then definitely the NH-D14.

what dchen12 said,

also i would first make sure that if those high tower air coolers will fit in your case, and enough room. check for ram heat spreaders as well, they may obstruct some coolers.

From personal experience, I have used the Zalman S9500-LED 92mm heat sink which I think is by far one of the best air coolers on the market for around $40. If you have about $75 you could buy the 135mm version which I heard from my friend is quite good. My case wasn't big enough to fit the 135mm cooler comfortably which is why I bought the 92mm version. Also, Most Zalman coolers have mail in rebates so you will get between $10-$25 back.

I would for the NH-D14 by Noctua. But before buying this, make sure you have enough clearance in your case and ram.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Noctua NH-D14, outstanding air cooler.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Noctua NH-D14, so quite so good, I only hear my case fans and my HDDs lol

With air coolers, the fans you use are almost as important as the cooler itself.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus since im not gonna overclock over 4.2 GHz and also because I have a Cooler master case :)

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is the bomb if you swap out the p-12 fans with a single NF-F12

I personally love the Phanteks PH-TC14PE because of the different colors it comes in. Looks sick. and has basically the same performance as the other 2 coolers mentioned by dchen

Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus since im not gonna overclock over 4.2 GHz and also because I have a Cooler master case :)
Good choice, I have 2 hyper tx3's and they are cooling i7 2600s. great coolers.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!