Power Supply for 4690k and RX 470?

JerichoN

Hi,

I am planning a build with a Overclocked 4690k at 4.4 - 4.6 Ghz, and with a Radeon RX 470, and was wondering what wattage power supply that I should consider buying.

Any recommendations are appreciated! :D

Many Thanks :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $54.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-11 12:16 EDT-0400

This is a great PSU for a low price.

2 hours ago, JerichoN said:

Hi,

I am planning a build with a Overclocked 4690k at 4.4 - 4.6 Ghz, and with a Radeon RX 470, and was wondering what wattage power supply that I should consider buying.

Any recommendations are appreciated! :D

Many Thanks :)

470s don't use a lot of power so realistically a gen 3 Corsair CXM or EVGA B-series would be fine for you, 450W being enough.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

NEVER USE CXM UNLESS YOU HAVE LIKE NO MONEY AT ALL. I just saw a thread on a different forum about a guy whos CX750 started burning.

14 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

NEVER USE CXM UNLESS YOU HAVE LIKE NO MONEY AT ALL. I just saw a thread on a different forum about a guy whos CX750 started burning.

The "CXM" series is different from "CX". As long as you get a low wattage unit, a CX/CXM series PSU is not that bad.

Though a 750W CX series makes no sense at all.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

24 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Bit of an exaggeration...

The old & green Corsair CXs were fine with office/low-budget gaming builds, just never recommended for high-end/power hungry PCs.

The new grey Corsair CXs, however, are fine for pretty much any build since it's a redesigned custom model from CWT. I dare say it's better than the group regulated Seasonic M12II.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

1 hour ago, Daniel Z. said:

At least get an EVGA G2

No, CXM are more than good enough for the computer, I agree the EVGA G2 is amazing, but it is not needed.

The CXM v4 are based on the same platform as the very good Corsair Vengeance, and are also good and I would recommended using them for any single GPU graphics card.

The CX/m 750W and 850W are "CWT PUQ-B" which are used on the Corsair GS and some TX-M are not amazing but they are also not bad either, good for the R9 380, but I wouldn't recommend buying them though.

The CX 430 to 600W are okay for computers with low end GPUs such as a GTX 950. (CXM v3 models are slightly upgraded, but still the same platform)

The CX 400W is an old Seasonic Platform, so it is fine for a R9 380.